First rock concert

by JK666 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    In high school, all the cool guys were into Rush and Yes.

Rush is STILL cool. LOL.

You still see high school kids wearing old tour shirts. I saw one kis with a "Presto" shirt the other day.

Burn

• Priest73
    Priest73

yeah. Danny is an amazing drummer and Maynard. Well Maynard is Maynard.

• Descender
    Descender

I was actually thinking about this the other day when my younger brother, who's 22 told me that he has never been to a concert. I guess my parents stopped going to concerts after my brother was born.

I remember my first concert. It was The Kendalls and I was 5 years old. It wasn't really rock. I guess it was kind of a John Denver type country music. I remember the blonde singer though. I thought she was the prettiest woman I'd ever seen and told my mom I was going to marry her when I grew up.

My 2nd concert was when I was 7 or 8 years old. It was Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. I went with my parents and my aunt, uncle and cousin. I remember getting up out of my seat and dancing with my cousin, who was 9 years old at the time. All the adults were laughing and clapping and that just made us dance that much harder. That was a really fun time now that I think back.

After that I didn't go to another concert until I was 18 years old. But come the mid nineties my group of JW friends started hitting concerts all the time. I seem to remember tickets being pretty cheap, around $20 or less for almost any concert we went to. we saw any concert we could get tickets for. The ones I can remember off the top of my head: Bush, No Doubt, Goo Goo Dolls, STP, Steve Miller, ZZ Top, Foo Fighters, Spin Doctors, Better than Ezra, Verve, Wallflowers, Collective Soul, Sarah McLachlan, Sherryl Crow, Aerosmith, and even Britney Spears. There were a lot of good shows, and I don't know which one was the best. But I remember the worst. And that was Britney Spears.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok someone here has to remember Wesly Willis at the KROQ weenie roast. Rock and Roll Macdonalds!

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

My first concert was Billy Idol & The Cult at age 21... Awesome Concert! The Cult though.. took the show in my mind..

Ltf

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

My first rock concert was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers when I was 18. My brother picked it and bought the tickets and then bailed on me and I went with a friend. We didn't even stay til the end. Not my favorite rocker though he had a couple of good songs.

My second was Bryan Adams, Summer of 69 concerts. Awesome. Ears were ringing for a couple of days though. That cannot be good for your hearing!

My son just got to see Ozzie a few months ago. He was sooo happpy! He would have never seen that if he was still a JW. I told him to take ear plugs but he wouldn't listen! I am sooo old now!

Cog

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Never went to a rock concert. But in the late sixties, a group of us went to see folk singers, Joan Baez, Buffy St. Marie, Donovan. What I remember of the Joan Baez concert was that a bunch of us JWs had front row seats and when Joan Baez got political, everyone cheered and clapped except us in the front row. We all sat there, legs and hands crossed identically - Joan Baez gave us a weird look - what were we doing there if we didn't agree with her? We sat so high up at the Buffy St. Marie concert that we could barely see her. We had front row seats for Donovan too. He sat on a cushion and referred to himself in the third person as "the artiste." What ego. Went to see Bonnie Raitt - enjoyed her concert. She said, introducing a song, that she wrote it when she was young and wasn't going to take any shit from anyone. Then she said she eventually realized she was going to have to take some shit - everyone does. Funny! The other remarkable thing about that concert was that one of our group got a little drunk and was yelling at the unknown group that performed before Bonnie Raitt. Everyone booed her - it was embarrassing.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Either Robert Plant or Van Halen. Can't remember which was first.

Earlier I went to see OMD and Julian Lennon (who so uncannily sounded like his pop), but I don't consider those "rock concerts". I had a laugh when someone in the cong asked me if the "D" in OMD stood for "Devil". They were so out of touch.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

+1 on OMD!

Burn

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Haven't gone yet.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit