Things You HATED About Being a JW

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There were a few things that I hated about being a Witness.

I love music and live concerts. Quite often I'd have to play my music privately or hide an album cover for fear it might "stumble" someone. I hated worrying whether someone was going to somehow get "stumbled.

Regarding going to concerts, it seemed that certain artists only came to town on a meeting night and I'd miss the shows.

What did YOU HATE about being a Jehovah's Witness?

• exwitless
    exwitless

I'd have to say I hated field service the most. I mean I HATED it with a passion; but I always felt like I was the only one who hated it, and that something must be wrong with me.

Secondly, I hated going to 3 meetings a week, being exhausted after working all day, no time to eat dinner, sometimes studied for the meetings on my lunch break at work.

Oh, yeah, that reminds me of something else I hated - having to "study" for all the meetings. There was one hard-ass elder in our KH who would walk up and down the isles, pretending to be doing something else, but what he was really doing was looking at people's Watchtowers to see if they studied it. Then he'd comment during one of his talks in a very condescending way how he noticed that we're not all studying for the meetings.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I also hated having to give up stuff because it fell on "meeting nights" .... seemed like every enjoyable event did.

I hated the hypocrisy, the judging and categorizing of everybody. I hated having to take a "quota" of magazines at the literature counter. Hated those dumb "special magazine days", and those special talks that ended up being not so special.

And oh how I hated those false-sounding "greetings" we used to get from other congregations ...

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Being THE school outcast.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I HATED wearing dresses!

I HATED those little talks that were addressed to one person!

I HATE they are, probably, going to be giving a special needs talk since they know that the people will be getting a little more money from the government. Taking the "Widow's mite" so to speak.

And everything that everyone else said, too!

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS - Like Frequent Fader Miles said - I too hated the judging of others and the hypocrisy being so rampant . I hated feeling controlled to think ONLY what was handed down from the governing body as - gospel truth ! Especially when elders taking the lead ended up making their own rules anyway - but expected the rank and file publishers to follow the rules . But people in positions were above them. Made me want to yank ! So , I never could have stayed permanently in that organization ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

As a child not being able to cultivate the friendships I truely wanted simple because the objects of my affection were "worldly"

I too hated field service and actively avoided the activity at all cost. Oh and add answering at the watchtower and book study...I did neither.

Josie

• chickpea
    chickpea

i hated being the n@zi enforcer of ridiculously paranoid rules of exclusivity that made my kids the school outcasts

• prophecor
    prophecor

Trying to pretend my intrerest in a sister was purely for political reasons, not because I had the hotts for her. Trying to act like I didn't have the Hotts for her only made me look silly and childish. Also hated hearing the harping of "Those in the Organisation, who were there, only to steal, rob and destroy our sisters." I could never get beyond feeling I was some sort of Psycho-Sexual Leech of a predator because I desired the thing that was normal for man. A good Wife.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

DO-T-DO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit