Partaking of the emblems at home - need thoughts/experiences please

by wildfell 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

Just giving a taste of the same medicine people dish out to non-believers everyday... that is all... we get dissed because we dont move along with the flock... but when they get a little taste of it they become offended and all teary eyed... and then the super heroe protectors step in... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is a blog... people say what they want and get answered back... like it or not...

Rituals for the sake of rituals? well okay...

wine sounds good, naked? well lets see what happens after a couple of bottles of wine...

hehe

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

Cheers!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

wildfell

Jokes aside, my last couple of years in the dubs I would partake at home after the JW non-memorial. I have since realized that I was not doing things properly and have stopped.

Burn

• Zico
    Zico

When I read the first post in this thread, I wondered how long it would be before some "fundy" atheist would jump in with their own brand of evangelism.

Wildfell, personally I think your idea sounds perfect. I don't think you need any input.

• loosie
    loosie

I prefer to partake in the KH parking lot. When the brothers come to check on you, you can rasie your glasses in a toast and say "bottoms up" or "cheers".

you could even offer them some, if you brought extra glasses.

• drifter
    drifter

lou

you are one sick and twisted pagan freak

your posts read like the ravings of a total idiot

as for you being an ex elder.....yeah right

LOSER

• wildfell
    wildfell

To the lovely atheists, gnostics and christians on this thread who tried to moderate the situation; who supported me or came to my defense . . . I thank you with appreciation.

I will definately be partaking this year, really appreciate everyone's input.

• wildfell
    wildfell

Are you kidding? JW 'wannabes'? 144k 'look-a-likes?

I mean all of us who got 'out' are supposed to be free of all this ritualistic crap

guess you are so ignorant that you did not understand what I meant... if you feel proud of being a Christian (whatever that may be) you should under go some serious brain washing reversal.

Do you also stone people like the god of the bible instructed to do to those who dont believe in this CRAP? or do you sleep with your children as your 'god' instructed Lot to do so there can be more believers and progeny? Do you cut the skin of you childrens penis just to meet the requirements? Do you shun anybody that is not a believer in your God? Do you follow his instructions to kill women child men old and young so you show 'respect' and follow his orders? Jesus was a jew after all...

go ahead.. eat 'human flesh and drink human blood" (isnt that what partaking means?) to me that is more savage stupid and offensive than dancing naked around a fire...

maybe a little intoxication will erase the stupidity that permeates your brains!

Forgot to tell you.. I post wherever and whenever I feel like it... are you going to stone me to death because of my irreverence toward your 'fairy tale' beliefs? Will you throw me into a concentration camp? How about considering me like a 'man of the nations?

I am so scared that I offended thee... so I will partake to appease you.. pretzels and beer

but when they get a little taste of it they become offended and all teary eyed..

Lou-Cypher, glad you said you didn't care if you looked bad. Cause you didn't make yourself look too good.

Just wondering, would you have the courage to say the above quotes to my face? Or is it easy to make anonymous aggressive and bitter insults to other anonymous people in a discussion forum? Maybe this is just your cyber-personality? Hmmm ......... I wonder if you are more docile in real life?

I would suggest to you that this is a discussion forum. That requires being able to hold a discussion in a reasonable manner, to be able to critise ideas (not people) in an intelligent and thoughtful way. Just a suggestion ..........

As for your hopes that I would become "offended and all teary eyed" - sorry, you lucked out on this Christian today. I have confronted bigger and meaner than your statements (notice I said 'statements' and not 'you'?) and I have done it IN REAL LIFE. I was a witness for over 20 years, I had plenty of practice with people who tried to dominate me.

My parting suggestion to you would be that you may benefit from a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Maybe that will assist you in your interpersonal skills?

Have a nice day, Lou-Cypher, cause I will.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

To put someone down because they believe or do not believe in God, is as intolerant as the JWs. I left the JW's because I could no longer see everything as so black and white. It seems they have just switched from thinking everyone who wasn't a JW was an idiot, to thinking everyone who believes in God is an idiot (though they at one time believed in God). I don't do the memorial, never even occurred to me. But if it has meaning and relevance to some, then they should do it. Why that would offend someone, I don't get. I still believe in God, but my spiritual path has taken a different turn from basic Christianity. But I don't have all the answers, nor does anyone else. Live and let live

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

I wanted to share a bit of how my family does this.

firstly, we do not follow the org on when they say Nisan 14 is because they use the Gregorian calendar. Nisan 14 is actually in April this year, not March, they are off by nearly a month.

So, this April 19th at Sundown my family will pass the bread and wine, but before we do it, we read the scriptures that talk about the Last Supper. Everyone in our house who is born again partakes, which includes myself, my hubby and our 14 year old son.

We also don't only do this once a year. Our church has communion every 5th Sunday. And we have it at Christmas as well. The bible says as often as we do this, so we know they did it more than once a year. I have a feeling they did it at practically every meal, broke bread and drank wine together. It's part of the meal ritual, or communing together. Mealtime was very ritualistic in their day.

Ashton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit