Partaking of the emblems at home - need thoughts/experiences please

by wildfell 58 Replies latest jw friends

• tula
    tula

This is scene and music from "The Last Supper" (1973 production)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4979486494439725839&q=Jesus+christ+superstar&total=1934&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=8

This is Ian Gillan (Deep Purple) vocals "Garden of Gethsemane (clarity of this is very nice)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4280392967239417489

• justhuman
    justhuman

I did it only once, when I left the WT before a few years...but after my research regarding Christianity, I realize that there are more issues regarding the "emblems"...

One major issue is how does the Christian faith defines the "emblems".Through out the history of the Early Christians the "emblems" were considered something more than that. In the Christian Orthodox faith they are considered Holy, and they are treated like that. With holyness and respect of the Body and Blood of Jesus. The difference between the WT's protestand theology, is that in the Christian Church the "emblems" ARE actually the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ...They are transformed from wine and bread to Jesus Blood and Flesh. This is one of the Seven Mysteries in the Christian Orthodox Church, because we are talking about a mystery. Christian faith is not only reading the Bible and try through logical arguments to understand God...It involves more issues.

In the Bible(that is one of the manifestations of Christian Faith)at the Gospel of St. John, the entire chapter 6, is showing how Jesus view the communion, and in fact He never said they are "emblems". He said that if you do not eat My Flesh and Drink My Blood, you have no life in you...clearly as that...

So the question is: If I take wine and bread, say a prayer and take the "emblems" this is a right thing to do? In the early Christian Church the believers were gathering together very often and they had the Eucharist, bud you will see that those who had the right to perform the Ceremony of the Eucharist were the Apostles, the Prophets, and the Elders(Episkopoi) that they were appointed by the Apostles of Jesus, through the Holy Spirit. So in order to have the Blessing of Jesus the only way to have the Holy Communion was through the Church. Because the Church is the Body of Jesus. To have the Blood and Body of Jesus you must prepare your self through prayer, and fasting, because you invide Jesus in your life, and through the Holy Spirit you become one with Jesus.

So the question is who has the Apostolic Succesion for the last 2000 years, and kept the unity of the Church through the Holy Communion?

The following link shows how it was done from the Early Christians, and how it was preserved for the last 2000 years by the Church

http://www.oodegr.com/english/biblia/episkopos1/kef1_2.htm

• wildfell
    wildfell

To the four people who have posted since my last post of thanks.

Guys, enjoyed your experiences/input. Links to music was great, and so was link to article (which I will save to my favourites to read later).

AshtonCA, you mentioned that passover is April 19 this year. I had previously googled this and discovered the same thing. Wonder why the jw's are not having their memorial on nisan 14 this year? Or was that another thing they scammed us about all these years? Nothing they do would surprise me anymore.

To have the Blood and Body of Jesus you must prepare your self through prayer, and fasting, because you invide Jesus in your life, and through the Holy Spirit you become one with Jesus.

That is a profound comment.

kind regards

wildfell

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What justhuman said. That is what I think too.

BurnTheShips

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/152399/1.ashx <----- thats all I have to say about that!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    thats all I have to say about that!

Does that mean you will go away?

Great!

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

wishful thinking mightymouse

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Oh, well. It sounded too good to be true. At least I can get a chuckle out of your sophomoric rants.

Burn

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Justhuman, does this mean the Orthadox Church believes in the 'real presence' as the Catholic Church does? I haven't had a chance to check the link you provided yet, but I forwarded it to my email account to check when I get home. I didn't realize that anyone other than the Catholic church believed in the 'real presence'.

W

• justhuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit