Partaking of the emblems at home - need thoughts/experiences please

by wildfell 58 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I've found that beer and pizza can serve essentially the same purpose.

Actually, these liturgical changes have already been made.

alt

Just kidding!!!

Personally, I'd rather have Scotch!

Burn

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

Are you kidding? JW 'wannabes'? 144k 'look-a-likes?

I mean all of us who got 'out' are supposed to be free of all this ritualistic crap... but if you need to do something.. do something more ancient.. like dance naked around a bonfire and chant and intoxicate yourself with fermented brews , peyote and mushrooms.. after all they are more REAl than any of the stuff mentioned here..

With all due respect... 'partake at home this year'????? GIMME A BREAK! DAMN!

• wildfell
    wildfell

I mean all of us who got 'out' are supposed to be free of all this ritualistic crap... but if you need to do something.. do something more ancient.. like dance naked around a bonfire and chant and intoxicate yourself with fermented brews , peyote and mushrooms.. after all they are more REAl than any of the stuff mentioned here..

Lou-Cypher, observing the Lord Jesus sacrificial death is NOT "ritualistic crap" to me. Nor to other sincere Christians who post on this forum. I worship the God of the Bible. I was a Christian before I was introduced to jw's. I remain a Christian. Unlike you, obviously. I don't know who you worship, but I do not understand why you bothered replying to my enquiry. We obviously do not worship the same God.

If you think that dancing like a drunk and drugged savage (maybe like your ancestors did) is appealing, then feel free. I do not share your view that being off one's face, ignorant and naked and wild is "REAL"; that is your choice. It does not appeal to me. Nor should it to any true Christian, ex jw or not.

With all due respect...

No, I don't think you showed me "due respect". Or more importantly, Christ himself.

If you did have any respect, you would have refrained from posting on this topic.

• Gordy
    Gordy

wildfell

I agree with your comments about the above post. There are some of us on this forum who still have a faith in God. To be correct a relationship with Jesus Christ. Something that was denied me for 30 years by the Watchtower.

But unfortunately some are bigotted against anyone having any faith at all.

I have been hurt tremendously by the Watchtower, family broken up etc, this was done by men, not by God.

As to taking communion in your own home. Nothing wrong in that. The Pastor of the church I attend even encourages it. Whether on your own, or better with another. Read the passages were Jesus institutes it or the words of Paul in Corinthians. Say a prayer. Nothing wrong with some worship music in the background either.

And do it as often as you like, when you feel the need.

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

I guess you are so ignorant that you did not understand what I meant... if you feel proud of being a Christian (whatever that may be) you should under go some serious brain washing reversal. You seem to forget that christianity is behind all the major atrocities commited in human history... you feel proud of following the primitive ideas of deity of nomadic tribes from yesteryears ago...

Do you also stone people like the god of the bible instructed to do to those who dont believe in this CRAP? or do you sleep with your children as your 'god' instructed Lot to do so there can be more believers and progeny? Do you cut the skin of you childrens penis just to meet the requirements? Do you shun anybody that is not a believer in your God? Do you follow his instructions to kill women child men old and young so you show 'respect' and follow his orders? Jesus was a jew after all...

You still carry on with the stupidity that has humanity all messed up.. religion is behind all the problems.. christian or whatnot...

so yes.. at least if you danced naked you wouldnt harm anyone... but by going on perpetuating this beliefs.. you still are part of a bigger problem.. a problem that started many years ago and that ignorant people like yourselves perpetuate... go ahead.. eat 'human flesh and drink human blood" (isnt that what partaking means?) to me that is more savage stupid and offensive than dancing naked around a fire...

maybe a little intoxication will erase the stupidity that permeates your brains!

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

Forgot to tell you.. I post wherever and whenever I feel like it... are you going to stone me to death because of my irreverence toward your 'fairy tale' beliefs? Will you throw me into a concentration camp? How about considering me like a 'man of the nations?

I am so scared that I offended thee... so I will partake to appease you.. pretzels and beer... just like suggested by others...

hehe

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Lou - take it down a notch buddy. Usually it's the Christians I see bashing the atheists on the board. You're making us look bad.

• Lou_Cypher
    Lou_Cypher

just saying it like it is... what goes around comes around... as for lookin bad... couldnt care less bro...

• lesterd
    lesterd

There are two lines of recorder thought on wheather Judas partook or not, its personal like all other aspects of ones religion, personal beliefs, those are to be shared not imposed as law. Jesus followed the yearly passover, of which he was the fullfillment and it was done yearly, from his own lips he said to do THIS, (yearly observence) in rememberence of him, once a year is enough for me. Sharing in his blood and flesh once again is personal and the pomp and ceremony created around it by 2000 years of pagan emblishment for showmanship's sake, for me, is unnecessary. The purity of actions and thought are what demonstrats that we are in union with him at this time of remembrance. KISS, the last S is for, "sweetheart".

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Lou...

There is NOTHING wrong with your suggestion. Personally, I enjoy both pagan rituals and some rituals which would be considered Christian. What is amiss here is your tolerence, and your respect for someone else's ritual. I can even understand you being a little bent-off at Christianity... but all Christians are not like the ones who want to stone pagans in the street. And why dis ritual itself when you seem to be suggesting pagan rituals...?

Rituals rock. They can be very nurturing, comforting, and enlightening.

As for you not caring how you come across, that, too, might deserve some further thought.

What happens far too often is that those who feel "put-upon" become dogmatic in their approach... and intolerant of everything that isn't their own. Perhaps we could gather for wine and bread while naked at the bonfire in the woods?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit