Wife filling out her "No Blood" card wants my thoughts TODAY.

by OnTheWayOut 38 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Have you like taken 2 months off?

Yea, I took some time off. Thanks for the re-welcome...

Look for a PM from me sometime soon.

• noontide
    noontide

OTWO I see your point. The only difference I see is that in a disaster or a danger zone, the people giving the evacuation instructions are third party individuals. People recognize them as authority figures but they, in most cases, do not know them. People may resent them, but it’s not resentment on a personal level. They resent the system; they resent the circumstances, even the individual who gave the orders, but not really the person. They don’t connect with them on a personal level they connect with them on an authoritative level.

• TheListener
    TheListener

You have a pm.

• Guest39
    Guest39

No one has brought up "Theocratic Warfare" where it is OK to lie for theocratic reasons. I'd apply this here, and tell her you'd respect her wishes in order that you would become her emergency contact. If it's alright for the goose, it should be alright for the gander!

• dawg
    dawg

Momz and Pioneer, I had no idea those things had happened to you... glad you both lived.

And OTWO, put yourself down as a POA, you are her husband and next of kin... if she's ever hurt don't let her die under any circumstances... in my mind, its like being at Jonestown and letting your loved ones drink the coolaid... just becasue it was their wishes... hell no, I wouldn't let my loved ones die.. and for what, a bunch of damned fools who absoluty don't have the truth?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Many agree that saying it is and caving in later is alright.
    Some think I should respect her wishes.

Okay, here is what I will do.
    I will try right now to believe that I will be able to respect her wishes. It is the only way I
    can be put on as the emergency contact. I think I would have medical decisions anyway,
    but being the e. c. helps ensure it. I won't encourage her to fill out any DPA, but I will tell
    her that my decision will be filed with my doctor and non-JW family.

I will continue to try to consider not caving in to pressure from the doctors to change my
    mind, but will face that when I have to face that. I will try to include her family in any
    ultimate decision that I make. I do believe they will insist that I give the blood, but we
    will see. (Well, hopefully we won't see.)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I hope you never have to worry about it. But I am happy you are preparing for the just in case.

momz

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It would be great if it could be your name on the card. It is advisable to avoid blood if at all possible, so you could let her know you would do your best to prevent her having blood forced upon her. However, you may also like to let her know that if it came to a life and death situation, you would not be prepared to let her die, and cannot promise not to allow blood in such a situation.

Who knows, she may appreciate knowing that you would do what it takes to save her life.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    its like being at Jonestown and letting your loved ones drink the coolaid... just becasue it was their wishes...

Dawg, I think that when I say I would try to honor her wishes, I am really hoping for an "out."
    That means I would search for an alternative. If no alternative is available, I will have to weigh
    the circumstances and the odds. I would hold out for the blood count to go up if possible.

I honestly don't think I would let her just die if it were pretty sure that she would w/o blood.

I just want to be able to tell her what I hope will satisfy her.

Hey, they cancelled the meeting due to terrible weather and she isn't bringing it up again.
    Perhaps she will, perhaps she will forget for awhile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit