How long do you stay in love?

by Thegoodgirl 58 Replies latest social relationships

• beksbks
    beksbks

After 22 years of marriage, I had to walk away. I could not live with him, but I will always love him.

Now, I am engaged to a man that opened my eyes to what love could really be. One thing I always wanted, mutual respect. After almost seven years of intensity, we are still head over heals. We still flirt with each other. I don't see any signs of it fading.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm no longer capable of being in love.

I never stop loving anyone.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Everyone I know who is married isn't really in love. They all seem to have lost that spark a few years into it.

I thought about this some more. I may have been a negative person, but I really believe in love.
    There is not one right person for you out there that you have to find, but when you find one of the
    very few that is right for you, enjoy that "Love" feeling. Bask in it. Make the most of it.

Try to rekindle it if it dies down. Switch from that exciting "new" love to a never-dying devotional
    love. Just because others have let the fire go out, don't think it has to be so.

Learn what your mate would find surprising and do it.

If you do all that and the flame still dies out, enjoy what you had. Memories are better than
    avoiding hurt.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

This is for the people that are still in love. Like me and PEC

• cognac
    cognac

I wouldn't know.

Everything I have ever known has been a lie.

How the hell would I even know what the hell love is???

(Sorry, I'm a bit pissed right now.)

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

COGNAC -----I think you need a hug.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Cognac---- I think you need another hug.

alt

• prophecor
    prophecor

Happily ever after, and the thing that Hollywood portrays, is nothing of what real love consist of. Real love is raw, it's just that. REAL!!! You're in love to ensure the propogation of the species. Not a Evo-Theorist, but where it not for the Magical High, experienced when love is new, and doesn't pay attention to the size of one's ego. If we all found that love wanes and dies for many, then we would, many, resign ourselves to becoming, asexual. Hermits, in other words.

Real love, however, forces you into the trenches with a stranger at oftentimes in one's life. You have to work on the problem of keeping your mate, covered. Financially, physically, mentaly, spiritually, and yes, Sexually. We are only slightly less than Angels, but the effects of living in this material world has a tendency to bring out the Animal, that unfortunately lives in all of us.

Love is like a contract, a business investment, Money Market Accounts, Mutual Funds, a Retirement Portfolio. I want to be invested in the life of another human being, for the duration of my life. What am I bringing to the Table, and just as important, what are they? It comes down to numbers, commitment to excellence, and growth.

What are you willing to invest, in another human being, and are you willing to see that thing through to it's completion? Love can often become less about feeling and more importantly, about survival. The surviving the down turns in society, that place such illusive imagery to it. Love is grand, great and should beexperienced by all humans, but when it comes down to the brass tacks, you'll ask yourself, over and over again, At what price? and, Was it really all worth this?

I still say, Yes It Is!!!

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    Love is like a contract, a business investment, Money Market Accounts, Mutual Funds, a Retirement Portfolio. I want to be invested in the life of another human being, for the duration of my life. What am I bringing to the Table.

I am sorry I don't think that way, about love.

Love is the jouning together of two hearts

and two souls where mutual love,

respect and Friendship nurtures

the growth of two into one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit