How long do you stay in love?

by Thegoodgirl 58 Replies latest social relationships

• free2beme
    free2beme

Until the spell wears off.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

And then what Free2Bme? That's my question.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Define love. Love isn't infatuation or lust, though it can include those things. Real love is sharing and sacrifice. Real loves grows and transforms over years and decades. It's not static. And the initial magic can change into a bigger, richer, more complex magic. When I had real love, it did not ever die.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

We been together for 25 years and I feel more in love with my Husband now ,then ever before.It would be real hard to live with out him.

He is Concerned with everything I do. We understand each other.

We both tell the Truth about ourself. He is happy for me, when things go well for me.

He tries to cheer me up,when things don't go well.

A Friend is an extension of yourself without which you are not complete.

PEC thank You for being my Friend and my lover.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I absolutely love and respect my husband more today than 10 years ago when we got married. We get along better to. Chemistry still alive to boot :)

We have never felt any desire stay together because of the kids, or because of a vow. I'm not sure that humans are biologically monogamous creatures who naturally stay partnered for life. It takes effort for that to happen. And life is to short to stay in that kind of dynamic.

So, we acknowledged that if we are to stay together it is because we each wake up each day and choose to do so. This not only keeps us from feeling stuck, but it also keeps us trying. We still flirt and work for our connections.

Every year really gets better. That said, we didn't have the "grand romantic start" many couple do. We actually grew into our love for each other. To start, all we had was chemistry and physical connection.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I think there are people I will always love. But being IN love. Well that is different. I truly believe that. I have friends I love. I really wish them well. But I am not in love even on a friendship level to where I will do anything for them as I would when I am IN love. I believe you can fall in love with your friends...even of the same sex. That is what makes the love so strong. It is just maybe you don't need sex from them. If sex is not love...than I love many, and love with sex...that will be reserved till It is actually what I stated. SEX with LOVE. See?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think that the "in love" feeling can actually happen with long standing relationships/marriages. But you can't have it like that ALL of the time. It would wear everyone out. It ebbs and flows, trickles and gushes throughout the passage of time together.

And loving the ones you were in love with, but aren't anymore, that love can last a life time, I'm sure. I've been in love three times and I speak to each of them pretty much every day, even if its just by email. And I agree with Sparky that you can be in love with friends of the same sex too.

• oompa
    oompa
    Cold Creek: I still love my 1st love. Not the same woman. Wouldn't trade my wife for anyone, but I will never forget what it felt like to be in love for the 1st time.

Wow CC, we have pm'd in the past and I feel exactly the same! My first was actualy in third grade, but the love lasted through high school....but the first girl I was intimate with is often still on my mind, as is my freakin first wife!!!! Even thought she was horribly unfaithful...(got pregnant..kind of a marriage killer).....you do get a lot outta love....which is my ring tone from Led Zep....whole lotta love...............oompa

• seven006
  • Vivamus
    Vivamus

"I've lost that loving feeeeeeling, whooho, that loving feeling" ... Thats a song right? Well, It's me too. But perhaps I just never have fallen in love for real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit