TwiLight Zone...What was your favorite episode?

by FreedomFrog 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The one with Telly Savalas - my name's talking Tina and you'd better be nice to me. Kojak killed by doll. Great episode and scared the who know what out of me as a kid!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Also the one where the little girl fell thru the wall and into another dimension. I slept on the floor for a week after that!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I couldn't possibly pick a favorite, I love them all. I remember curling up in bed with my mom and watching them when I was little.

Rod Serling - pure genius.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wasn't there one with some unhappy kids who dive into the swimming pool and never come back? They meet a kid underwater who leads them to a place where they can escape their bickering parents.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The Twilight Zone may be the greatest television series ever, in my opinion.

My favorite episode is a tie between Eye of the Beholder and The Monster are Due on Maple Street.

Rod Serling was an amazing man. He wrote most of these shows back when there were over 30 shows per season. How he could come up with so many fascinating story ideas in such a short span of time boggles the mind. Too bad he died so young. I think he was 50.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

horrible_life - is that episode called, ''Button, Button''?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Midwich Cuckoo!!! That is it!!!! Thank you.

Yes the name is Button Button. I would have never known. I thought it was an old Twilight Zone, but it says it was made in 1985. Like most of the Twilight Zone, it gives you something to think about, and is a little freaky, at the same time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button%2C_Button_%28The_Twilight_Zone%29

And what's more, it looks like it will be made into movie called The Box. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Box_%282008_film%29

The Box is an upcoming horror film based on the 1970 short story "Button, Button" by author Richard Matheson. The film is written and directed by Richard Kelly and stars Cameron Diaz and James Marsden as a couple who receives from a stranger a box with a mysterious power. Production began on November 2007 and finished by February 2008. A release date has yet to be determined.
  • FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Couldn't stand it...bought a Twilight Zone DVD set from amazon. First of 5 "collections".

Heehee, having a Twilight withdrawal? I'm about to do the same...it's driving me crazy not to see them as often as I got to when I was a kid. When they do come on TV, I'll find out when it's about to end...

• horrible life
    horrible life

Hortensia, Midwich found mine, I found yours. I remember seeing yours.

156"The Bewitchin' Pool"Joseph M. NewmanEarl Hamner, Jr.June 19, 19642619

Two children escape their unhappy lives to a never-never land by way of their swimming pool.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

A Stop at Willoughby

At times we'd all like to go back to a time and place where everyone's kind and friendly, and where life has a slower pace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit