TwiLight Zone...What was your favorite episode?

by FreedomFrog 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• horrible life
    horrible life

My top 3

(1.) My favorite. Can't find it on the list.

A stranger brings a box to a couple. In it is $$$. If they open the box, somebody they don't know, will die. The man will then come back, and retrieve the box, and give it to somebody else, that they don't know.

(2.)

51"The Invaders"Douglas HeyesRichard MathesonJanuary 27, 1961173-3646

A woman living in isolation is terrorized by space aliens.

(3.)

46"A Most Unusual Camera"Buzz KulikE. Jack NeumanDecember 16, 1960173-3606

Two thieves steal a future prediciting camera.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

The Twilight Zone first aired when I was a kid. I believe the very first episode was called " Maple Street". The power wuld go off in one neighborhood and then in another. Then it would come on again somewhere else. It got all the neighbors parranoid and eventually they all turned against each other. Come to find out, ALIENS on a high observation point over the city were controlling the power. LMAO very scary thing at the time. It was in the late 50's I think, or early 60's.

NMG

• knock knock
    knock knock

I think my favorite TZ has to be Time Enough At Last. So many great shows. Looking at the wikipedia list and I had no idea there were that many! I wonder how many I've never seen.

Tatiana... I loved The Night Gallery too!! Just youtubed "The Caterpillar" the other night. I'll have to look up some others there as well.

• Tara
    Tara

I haven't seen that show since I was a kid. I don't remember the episode names or actors, but they all freaked me out big time. The one that stands out as really scary was one where this old woman was terrorized and killed by these tiny little ?robots? I was probably around 7 or 8 years old...Long time ago. LOL.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    I haven't seen that show since I was a kid. I don't remember the episode names or actors, but they all freaked me out big time. The one that stands out as really scary was one where this old woman was terrorized and killed by these tiny little ?robots? I was probably around 7 or 8 years old...Long time ago. LOL.

That was Agnes Moorhead ( Endora from "Bewitched", one of Orson Welles's Mercury Theatre members). The episode is called "The Invaders", and the miniature spacemen turn out to be astronauts from Earth, and she is a giant on the planet they are "invading."

• Mary
    Mary
    Borne said: Don't know the name of it....but the episode with William Shatner who sees the creature out on the wing of the airliner he's flying in, tearing up the engine.

Uh-huh...."Nightmare at 20,000 feet": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Y2KLKsjZ4

• horrible life
    horrible life

Captain, Invaders was #2 on my list of favorites. Loved it. Do you know what my #1 pick's name is?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    A stranger brings a box to a couple. In it is $$$. If they open the box, somebody they don't know, will die.

Oh, I remember that...I remember the guy that brought the box telling them of "fortune and fame"...but once they did their wish, someone would die that night. Then he returns and they knew their lives was in the fate of a stranger.

• JK666
    JK666

Printer's Devil with Burgess Meridith as the Devil.

JK

• poppers
    poppers

It seems Burgess Meridith appeared in numerous episodes. There was one in which he was a voracious reader who worked at a bank but he never had time to really indulge his love of reading. One day while in the bank vault the bomb was dropped and he was the only survivor. Finally he was able to enjoy all those books at the now destroyed library that were scattered everywhere without being bothered by the people he worked for. Then he accidentally breaks his reading glasses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit