TwiLight Zone...What was your favorite episode?

by FreedomFrog 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I was too scared to watch it when I was little. I thought the demonz was gonna get me! Just hearing the music was enough to scare the shite out of me

nj

• oompa
    oompa

Just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed this thread. Usually I think JWD should be for JW related problems/issues/thoughts. So why am I liking this sci-fi thread? I guess it it interesting to see how so many of us dubs or former so love this show. It is like we wanted to escape the reality of the JW world we were trapped in.....maybe that is why we loved reading ....esp. sci-fi or fantasy....live long and prosper......oompa

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    It is like we wanted to escape the reality of the JW world we were trapped in.....maybe that is why we loved reading ....esp. sci-fi or fantasy....live long and prosper......oompa

I think you're right oompa. It's nice to get out of the real world from time to time and get into another world that is so much different than what we actually live.

• beksbks
    beksbks

"Time Enough at Last" Burgess Meredith. All he wants to do is read!!! http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0734683/

Also "The Trade Ins" An old couple that has an opportunity to trade in thier bodies for young ones. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734679/

Plus of course all the great ones already mentioned. It was an awesome show.

• worf
    worf

There were a lot I especially liked. The episode that comes to mind right now is "To Serve Man"

Worf

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

The show introduced lots of new actors. Rod Serling was really creative and introduced a lot of the story ideas that others have also used since then. I really enjoyed the show - my mother let us watch it, but the shows that came after Twilight Zone were scarier and she was very uncomfortable about letting us watch them - demons, you know.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I was not allowed to watch "Bewitched" "I Dream of Genie" "Dark Shadows" or "The Flying Nun". Can anyone explain The Flying Nun aspect? Did anyone else have this restriction? I really wanted to watch Dark Shadows.

• knock knock
    knock knock

Couldn't stand it...bought a Twilight Zone DVD set from amazon. First of 5 "collections".

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I don't know if I can narrow it down to just one episode. Nope, that's impossible. The Twilight Zone was simply too amazing for me to choose only one. But here are some of my favorites: (Descriptions are from the DVD sleeves)

One For The Angels. A salesman (Ed Wynn) cleverly eludes Death. But if he lives, a little girl must die in his place. Only the salesman's greatest pitch can save her.

The Man In the Bottle. A discontented curio shop owner thinks he's finally found happiness when a genie he discovers in an old bottle grants him four wishes. But be careful what you wish for...

It's a Good Life. He knows your every thought, can feel your every emotion. He can eliminate all you hold dear. Who is he? A 6 year old boy (Billy Mumy) from Peaksville, Ohio.

Time Enough at Last. A bookworm (Burgess Meredith) yearns for more time to read -- than a nuclear holocaust leaves him alone in the world with lots of time, plenty to read, and one ironic twist.

• beksbks
    beksbks

OMG! I love the Ed Wynn one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit