What are you drinking right now?

by stillajwexelder 142 Replies latest social family

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Dan the Man

Bear Grylls pissing into his canteen and drinking it

Oh my, I never saw that episode...I remember the one where he pissed on his t-shirt and then wrapped it around his head to keep him cool. Nice!

I'm drinking Maxwell House. My workmate calls it Stalewell house. LOL

Your workmate is right - how can you drink that stuff when the one place you can a real coffee anytime of day or night is the US!!! You must be some kind of masochist. AlyMc

oh, and I saw the piss episode. gross. That show is more like fear factor some days.

Did you see the one where he finds a sheep corpse and cuts out the eyes as an excellent source of vitamins - that was soooo vile!?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Folger's Classic Roast. When I worked, I'd buy expensive coffee beans and grind them. I need to get back to work. . . . but last night, I scratched myself into a bloody pulp! Dang Psoriasis!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I was actually craving a good top shelf vodka and grapefruit juice last night, but I don't know much about vodka brands and varieties so I haven't bought any.

Actually, grapefruit should go nicely with the tequila.

Put salt on the rim and you have a Perro Salado, a variation of the Salty Dog.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had unsweetened tea earlier...

now I'm drinking diet coke.

I know someone will be glad they know that.

lisa

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

nvrgnbk- good to know. I've never mixed the two, I've grown accustomed to drinking patron straight over the years. A friend introduced me to the vodka and grapefruit juice at her house. The vodka was so much better than the vile stuff we drank as teenagers though so I need to ask her the brand.

Crumpet- which episode? Sometimes when DH has it on I busy myself in a book and only see bits and pieces. I'm thankful to say I missed that one. But I was not lucky enough to miss the sheep balls (was it a sheep?)- now that one was vile.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

AlyMC:

Here are some tips on choosing a vodka that will be to your liking.

If you like a clean vodka with little bite and no residual aftertastes, go with Finlandia. Finlandia also makes a grapefruit-infused vodka that makes an excellent Greyhound. Greyhounds are much better when you fresh-squeeze your own grapefruit juice. Pink grapefruits are better still.

Ketel One is another excellent choice from Holland.

You could also try a real potato vodka. (The previous two mentioned are made from grain.) Potato vodkas tend to be a little oilier and silkier in mouth-feel. They tend to have a bit of an earthier aftertaste (if any) than the grain vodkas. Monopolowa is a smooth, inexpensive Russian potato vodka, as is Luksosowa. If you want to try a a top-shelf potato vodka, give Chopin (from France) a taste.

I recommend avoiding Absolut. Overrated and overpriced, as is Grey Goose.

Of course, there are the old standbys: Stolichnaya & Smirnoff. Both are quality distillates.

If you like Greyhounds, you may also enjoy a Seabreeze (Vodka, equal parts grapefruit & cranberry juices).

Cheers!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Pepsi.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm back on the black...coffee that is.

lisa

• Bourne
    Bourne

Coffee with a splash of half-n-half............I know, boring.

Bourne

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now stilla, what do you th9ink I'd say?

OK, I have a glass and a cup on my 'puter table here.

a fiery little shiraz from Margaret River, Western Australia

a Lavazza espresso coffee

Neat little cocktail, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit