Getting the forum back on track

by Simon 147 Replies latest forum announcements

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

This is a really good idea on many levels. I've basically been avoiding welcoming any newbies for a while now, because I just end up reading them and thinking "troll", so I just don't read the threads at all and that's not fair to genuine newbies who do want help and to share their problems with exiting etc.

I'm very glad about you said about no more donations threads. It causes more problems than it solves in most cases. And besides anyone who feels someone is in need can contact them privately and offer whatever help they think they can assist with. I think acting out of personal desire to want to help rather than an en masse solicitation is much better. No one gets any glory for it that way, and that's the way it should be.

• avishai
    avishai

Holy shit, parakeet, I've disagreed with Simon many times, but bringing up crap from years ago is Bullshit. Shoot, I could bring up MY OWN crap from years ago and disagree with what I said, and tear myself a new one. People change, opinions change, etc.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Very well put Simon, my sentiments exactly,

Perhaps it would be worth reiterating exactly what you see as the purpose of this forum?

Some people seem to feel it serves some other purpose completely different from that intended.

Thank you Simon, for your dedicated work in keeping it going at all!

fokyc

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

As long as we get to keep Werewolf...

• JK666
    JK666

Simon,

Thank you for reigning things in.

JK

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yeah, thanks Simon. Now, could you do something about JK666's potty humour? Thanks, much appreciated.

• JK666
    JK666

cog,

Is this the potty calling the kettle black?

JK

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you Simon for this thread and your never ending support for this board.

We are all grateful, well perhaps not all, but the ingrates are not worthy of your time or emotions.

You know what we used to say.....................wipe the dust.

Take care and thanks again.

yesidid

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

With this in mind, I must confess something.

See the Tiger to the left? That's not me - I am really a Lion. Sorry, but it feels good to get that out in the open.

Here's my real picture.

Jeff

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

AK - can I have your twin brother's number?

And yes who said "spankings"? What's the criteria for inciting one and will it be in the back room or the car park?

(Disclaimer: No puns/euphemisms whatsoever intended here).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit