Any interesting wildlife where you live?

by Nosferatu 46 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
  • delilah
    delilah

I have a raccoon who likes to make his home in my garage....last week I saw him and a cat, (who was patiently waiting his turn, I might add) trying to get at my garbage. Until I opened the door and scared them both off. They each ran in a different direction, lol.

One night, I drove into my driveway and scared off a raccoon and a possum....they are UGLY!!!! Those big huge teeth!!! Yikes!

When I was younger, we lived in Northern Ontario, and we used to go to the dump at night, to watch the bears forage through the gabage. They were cute, but we knew enough NOT to get out of the car, or roll down the windows.

• BurnTheShips
  • chickpea
    chickpea

lots of woodland creatures as i live on the edge of a national forest in a county that is 80% forested.

i dont think a week goes by that i dont see a bald eagle.... 2 weeks back i saw 6 PLUS ( rare sighting) a golden eagle feeding on carcass

deer out the @ss!! nuisance nuisance nuisance ( and that is them thinking about humans)

black bear ( garbage mongers!!) skunks ( see bear) racoon ( see bear/skunk) coyote ( see bear/skunk/racoon)

foxes and timber wolves but pretty uncommon

red squirrels, grey squirrels, ground squirrels, chipmunks ( rats with fashion tails, the lot of them)

snowy owls, barred owls, pilated woodpeckers ( actually had one this week fly so low i could hear its wing flaps!)

painted turtles, box turtles, snakes, frogs, toads, newts

swans, loons, canada geese ( total p00pmeisters), mallards, mergansers, coots, cormorants

salmon, lake trout, plus all manner of lake/river game fish incl walleye and northerns

enough!! yes we have wildlife!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Birds of every description,bear,moose,mountain goats,mountain cats,coyotes,wild turkeys,groundhogs,squirrels,rattlesnakes,road runners,ect..Every once in awhile I`ll see some new creature,I didn`t know lived in these mountains...................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Simon
    Simon

We've had bears and cougars very nearby.

A bit more interesting than the fields of cows and sheep that we got back in the UK!

• brinjen
    brinjen

And of course, we have these guys...

alt

• Cc81
    Cc81

Interesting wildlife.. hmm.. Does my mother in law count?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Simon..Go to a Outdoor Sport shop..The kind that carrys rifles and fishing rods..Pick up a can of "Bear Spray Repellent"..About$50.00.....Read the instructions on the can and teach the entire family how to use it..Make sure everyone knows where it`s kept......Bears and big cats have a mind of their own..Especially the cats.....If they get in the yard and corner someone,the bear spray is going to come in handy......I have Bear spray on hand,up hear at the ranch..I never know what I will find on the ranch from day to day..........Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Brinjen..You Have Jehovah`s Witness Crocodiles???..I`ve never seen one going from door to door like that!..........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit