Any interesting wildlife where you live?

by Nosferatu 46 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    45-70 Government

If that .45-70 wont get it done your in real trouble. Do you have a guide gun? Like it?

~Hill

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Roadrunners, hares, coyotes, quail in the neighborhood. A higher than average ownership of exotic pets and the concentration of performing animals int the area leads to occasional interesting escapes.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

If that .45-70 wont get it done your in real trouble. Do you have a guide gun? Like it?

No, but I was fingering one at the gun shop on Friday. Nice stainless steel model. I wants it!

That and a Ruger Redhawk in 44 Magnum.

Now if I can only convince my wife......

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Roadrunners, hares, coyotes, quail in the neighborhood. A higher than average ownership of exotic pets and the concentration of performing animals int the area leads to occasional interesting escapes.

We've got a real python problem here in the Everglades. They are all descended from escapes and they seem to like the climate. One even burst open after swallowing a gator! http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1006_051006_pythoneatsgator.html

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I live next to the Mississippi river, albeit with a highway and railroad tracks in the way.

My property runs five hundred feet up a bluff with my house being a 150 feet in so we have a pretty good sized wooded area in back.

We have a herd of 17-20 deer running the woods, as well as eagles flying overhead and a lot of smaller stuff, raccoons, skunks, wild turkey, grey and red squirrels, rabbits, owls, and blue herons.

It never gets old to just sit in the truck waiting for the rest to be ready and watching deer up the hill.

And I'm two blocks inside the city limits of St Paul!

Too bad we have a city ordinance against taking game, them giant woodrats (deer) look like lunch to me!

RD

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Supressed rifle.

;-)

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

well we have llamas, alapacas, vicuñas, cows ,pigs ,chickens ,all kinds of birds including condors, horses, mules, donkeys...I mean I don´t know if that is necesaarily wildlife...but those are around here..

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I live in the desert surrounded by some good sized mountains and a lot of nature preserves - we have bears and mountain lions, bobcats, coyotes, foxes, deer, desert cats (not the same as feral cats, I found out.) There's some kind of animal that looks like a blonde racoon that killed some of my chickens and gave me a good look as it went over the wall. We have racoons and opposum too. We have quail, and roadrunners, and lots of little finches and lots of hummingbirds, I've seen owls and bats in the evenings, plus we have tarantulas, scorpions, vinegaroons, black widows, brown recluse spiders, giant roaches that are euphemistically called date beetles.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You guys have pumas. Y mucho mas. South America is biodiversity central. I miss being there. The people is the best part.

Burn

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

cottonmouths, copperheads, rattlers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit