Any interesting wildlife where you live?

by Nosferatu 46 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

I grew up in the South Bronx, all life here is wild

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

The only wildlife around here is my Pug Lola Lu. She is extremely territorial and aggressive to other animals entering our yard. That includes Cats, Raccoons, Groundhogs, other dogs and Birds. Size doesn't matter; Just this past summer she went after a big raccoon and received a nasty bite in return. (of course I got the vet bill)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yup, little Lola Lu looks pretty wild!

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

just hummingbirds

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

There is a bald eagle that perches in a tree in my yard quite regularly. I often see him fly by. One day, I was treated to the sight of it swooping down and grabbing a huge salmon out of the ocean and carrying it off in it's talons. I don't know how he even saw it. It wasn't jumping and was underneath the surface of the water. Happened in seconds. Amazing.

We also have a family of sea lions that swim by every day.

We have some tame deer that come by every night and eat right out of my mother's hand. They are her "pets".

We also have a racoon who comes by regularly to tip over our garbage and scare the cat. He is more of an annoyance that a "pet".

Quail families also bob through the yard. They are very cute. They seem to walk more than fly.

Cog

• oldflame
    oldflame

Oh lets see Rattlesnakes and the Deer and some more Rattlesnakes, then there is the ocassional Bear and Mountian Lions and then there is the Rattlesnake. Are you getting to where I'm going with this ? Oh yes and the Bobcat, the Bald Eagle Rattlesnakes and the Big Foot. More birds here than you can shake a stick at probably cause we got lots of trees and Rattlesnakes. When you venture the outdoors around here you keep yer eye on the ground mate !

Sweet Kiss:10147Big air kiss:11647

Add these cool Smileys to your emails for FREE! Learn more at www.crawlersmileys.com.

alt alt alt alt alt
  • justhuman
    justhuman

Let me see what we got...Falcons, snakes, only one kind is poissonous, wild goats, marfins(a unique marfin in the mediterranean)foxes, lot of wild birds, rabbits, lizards, and we got turtles, then there are many nice things underwater if you are a scuba diver like my self. Dolphins, and a great variety of fishes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit