How I survived being starved, beaten and tortured by my Jehovah's Witness..

by Dogpatch 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

OOPS Dogpatch

So sorry, I didn't see your post on here, I posted that this morning again . I am still new to this forum and not seeing all the posts at once. I was shocked by that story.

Awful, horrible person. I am curious as to how much of a JW she was, no mention in the article about being forced to go from door to door and meetings. Thats torture too.

Again sorry Dogpatch for my oversite and repeating that post.

Paula from Ontario

• joanne_
    joanne_

This is a sad,sad story. And what troubles me is that it is still going on around the world. I wish it could stop.....I guess what we can do is watch for any signs of this happening around us and help the poor child.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Dogpatch:

This thread measures up to the hate agenda of this board.

The only reason JW's were mentioned in the article is because people like to think ALL JW's are mental cases.

It would NEVER get attention if it said Irish Catholic woman chews off the ends of her foster childrens fingers.

Is this the kind of stupid article that affirms your warped attitude toward JW's.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Well proplog,seeing as this is the"JEHOVAH'S WITNESS DISCUSSION FORUM"..I guess I'm missing the point where an "Irish Catholic" woman doing anything that made the news would be of interest to people here.

After some of the shit people have gone through,and are STILL going through at the hands of JW's you don't think being a little slanted in view wouldn't be justified? JW's try to hide their dirt harder than any other religion i've ever seen,the purpose of this is to keep up that facade of being "different therefore right" that they like to laud over other religions because they happen to be better at hiding their dirt from the media..With that in mind...I don't think the article is what's "stupid" in this case.._KS

• proplog2
    proplog2

KS

I think it is lousy journalism on the part of the papers that feel the fact that this woman is a JW is significant to the case. It isn't. But these newspapers don't give the religion of other criminals.

To put the best possible spin on this - maybe the fact that the woman was a JW IS significant because her behavior was so unlike most JW's. But of course I don't believe that was the reason.

You said:

"you don't think being a little slanted in view wouldn't be justified?"

Being an X-JW may explain a person's "slanted" view but -no absolutely not it doesn't justify it at all.

• Quandry
    Quandry

JW's try to hide their dirt harder than any other religion i've ever seen,the purpose of this is to keep up that facade of being "different therefore right" that they like to laud over other religions because they happen to be better at hiding their dirt from the media..

I agree. So many times over thirty years I would hear people say "Don't drag Jehovah's name through the mud" because they'd been conditioned not to talk about anything that "detracted from the message."

Yes, they are masters at hiding the "dirty laundry."

I sat in the KHall for over thirty years buying into all the "We don't have problems like the world" and "Don't trust worldly people" and thinking that "Oh, that would never happen with the Witnesses."

That is why it IS such a big deal. Because the WTBTS goes out of its way to say that these things DON'T HAPPEN.

• carla
    carla

"Warped view of jw's"? you must be joking! This is not a normal everyday case of how jw's treat their children. However, there are literally thousands of replies from ex jw's who did suffer at the hands of and because their parents were jw's. The spankings in the kh bathrooms and parking lots, getting hit because they didn't smile upon entering the hell, the forced late night studies that often went on well into the middle of the night or even early morning hours and then the kid had to get up for school, the kids who were beat due to insane jw parents because the child was not 'good' enough or embarrassed the parent at a meeting, being beat because a classmate gave them a birthday card or Valentines card and the mother found out, one story here the parent hit the child in the knee caps with a bat because he found out the child received a sports scholarship, the sexual abuses, the stories in the news of familicide, suicide,etc.. etc.. the list can go on endlessly. Are all jw parents like these? no, but if the borg tells them to they will abuse their child and throw them away like a piece of garbage. We read the heartache here everyday.

The abuses, spiritual, emotional, and physical heaped upon jw children in general should be made public and jw parents should be shamed. We see the effects of what being raised a jw has done to the adults on this board, most not as horrific as what these children suffered but abused nontheless.

• Mary
    Mary

14 years for what she did? This scum sucking witch should have just been taken out back and shot, since she's a total waste of flesh and is simply taking up space on planet earth.

It's people like this that makes me hope there IS a burning hell.

eunice spry

• horrible life
    horrible life
    should have just been taken out back and shot

Mary, I have to disagree. I would like to see her, up on a pedestal, in the town square, for all to see her being shot!!!! Then the celebration can begin!!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't understand why you think journalism is to fault for the headlines. When a JW does anything that gets positive attention-particularly while out in service, the JW appellation is usually present in the title or subtitle/first paragraph. When a Priest, pastor, minister does something in that capacity (good or bad) it is usually mentioned. A Muslim chaplain here in the PNW-ft. Lewis had a lot of attention and we kept hearing about HIS religion-as it related to the charges he was getting.

This woman considered herself an 'ordained minister'. Every chance she got, she let people know what a good JW she was. And there was testimony to the fact that she abused her children IN THE KINGDOM HALL. If she had quietly gone to church each week, didn't go around calling herself a minister and making a point about her denomination, it likely would never have made the headlines-perhaps not even the article. But from the various stories I read, she made use of her affiliation to support her activity, and she justified it to the children as something that was necessary to get the devil out of her. HER FAITH helped feed her insanity.

The newspapers are just as happy to pick on Catholic Priests, LDS bishops and Baptist pastors, deacons, choir members. The more involved you are in a church, the more likely it will be drug into the mud you make for yourself.

With all the prominent WT/JW scandals in Britain lately, this is even more of an interest. Women suing for being treated with blood, women dying for lack of blood, elder/ms sexually abusing infants and toddlers. Ex-JW lady involved or ?? with that missing child using a meeting as a alibi. JWS are publicity magnets now-and the job of newspaper people is to make the most of it.

I don't think the agenda of this board is hate. Some do, some don't. I don't think it is Simons agenda, and he started it, so he would have to answer to that kind of charge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit