How I survived being starved, beaten and tortured by my Jehovah's Witness..

by Dogpatch 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

The girl was then saying that her experiences with the JWs were all good experiences.

Eunice Spry was an unusual case and not then typical of JWs in general. She was an unusual case and the JW experience was therefore not typical. I have seen no negative view of JWs from this girl so the mention of JWs is an irrelevance when compared to the nightmare existence with their step mother.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    There seems to be a lot of money to be made in the 'I was abused' book publishing world!

I must admit when I first read the article I was appalled, but upon reading it a second time those questions popped inside my head too.

I must join the cynical corner on this one despite my initial thoughts.

G

• Mary
    Mary
    Gill said: I have only read the 'Daily Mail Article' but it seems from reading that (and not this lady's book) that Eunice Spry being a JW was totally irrelevant. How very bizarre! There is no sadness over lost Christmas, Birthday, Bonfire Night etc celebrations! There is no mention of boring bible studies and meetings! There is no mention of going out in Field Misery!

I thought it a bit odd that the religion did not play more into the story, but on reflection I can see maybe why it didn't. First of all, Eunice Spry is a totally evil person, regardless of whether or not she was a Witness. Given what happened, I believe she would have been the same sick person, if she were a Catholic, a Hindu, a Jew, or a Muslim. After enduring the horrific punishments that she metted out for the slightest of infractions, the loss of celebrating holidays might not have seemed that relevant to the kids when they never knew from one minute to the next if this psychopath was going to maybe kill them.

As for the boring meetings, etc., I'm guessing that 'Sister Spry' was probably not a regular at the meetings and she probably rarely, if ever, went out in Service. I mean, the more you are in the presense of other people, the greater the risk of you getting caught right? I remember someone did a post on here a couple of years ago about another sick family who were Dubs. The father and mother would whip their kids for anything and everything. One night after whipping his one daughter (while stuffing a towel in her mouth so the neighbours couldn't hear her scream), the lacerations were so bad that she ended up dying from internal bleeding and the father was charged with murder. Turns out they were 'lapsed Witnesses', which of course, is still bad enough, but it was yet another black mark for the WTS.

I have a feeling that while Eunice Spry breathed fire and damnation to the kids that she was tormenting day in and day out, she was probably not "strong in the Truth" and was probably viewed as a wacko by the rest in the congregation and left alone.

So that might be the reason why the religion is not at the forefront of this girls' story.

• nelly136
  • Mary
    Mary

Thanks nelly. I see the cowardly scumbag tried killing himself:

According to Pfeiffer and police who were there when the Slacks were being questioned, Larry Slack attempted to kill himself while in custody. Pfeiffer said Larry Slack, who weighs more than 350 pounds, had sneaked a 6-inch kitchen knife into the Calumet Area police station by hiding it in the folds of his skin. He stabbed himself in the chest and was transported to Christ Hospital and Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was treated for minor injuries before being returned to police custody.

Maybe he thought that if he killed himself now, Jehovah would give him a resurrection for dying before Armageddon. The one article I read said that the prosection was seeking the death penalty. While I generally would support the death penalty for low lifes like these two, something tells me that they'll get their comeupppance if they're in general population.

• syms1979
    syms1979

My name is Sy James and I am Alloma Gilberts Partner, I must say that I find it odd that firstly that many people think that by torturing Eunice Spry somehow makes everything equal, I mean some of the things you guys want to do come straight out of Eunice Spry's book Do it yourself Torture Manual for Sicko's, and secondly that some of you guys think that Alloma's life is ruined, well let me tell you we have a child, seven wonderful pussycats and two amazing bull terriers and obviously we have enough love to go around so dont go feeling sorry for Alloma your wasting your energy, and do go hating Eunice because you just keep that bad feeling going and going, dont you think that there's enough bad feeling out there anyway, Alloma bears no malice or hatred towards Eunice this breaks the circle ( or the spell ). I hope this helps.

yours

Sy James

• Gill
    Gill

Sy - maybe....and then....

Compensation from the courts is one thing, but then these books are what makes a person have doubts, whether you like that or not.

As for Eunice, well she's behind bars and being punished and that is as it should be with her being found guilty.

But from my understanding this is a worryingly bizarre story with lots of different angles and so the doubts remain as much as sympathy is extended to the victims and ALL victims of such horrendous crimes.

• d
    d

This is just upsetting

• Violia
    Violia

It is not hard to see how the Hell- fire doctrine came about, is it?

• N.drew
    N.drew

With all the evidence the GB has of baptism not even making a person a good Christain, how is it they teach the mark of the secretaries ink horn means baptism, which means saved? I remember not long ago during my fade I heard them say that at convention.

I also remember they taught that the congregation is the ark. Oh, lets have some psychos in. Make it more interesting. Let's call it Jehovah's approved extreme charity volunteering for a fright life or something...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit