How I survived being starved, beaten and tortured by my Jehovah's Witness..

by Dogpatch 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Before my mom became a dub,she too was like your mom Tatiana..the extention cord was her favorite weapon to use. After awhile,she saw that no matter what she did to me,it didn't have the effect she thought it'd have,and only made me worse..I think it was that violence that fueled my Sociopathy.

There came a point where I lost control one time after she slapped me in the face..something she had never done before,and i sorta snapped..I think I was about 15 or 16 at the time,so we both were dubs at that point..I blacked out,and when i came to,I was holding her against the wall by the throat almost completely off of her feet,my hand was closed around her throat and i kept squeezing until I realized that I was actually killing her,at which point i let her down..we've never spoken about that day again afterwards.

When I was a kid,she had a CT done to check for abnormalities because I wasn't the typical kid..to tell the truth,I was never diagnosed,but I was probably a psychopath,I had been recently studying up on it,and I met most of the criteria necessary at that time. These days,I keep my composure most of the time..but just sometimes when the right combination of things happen..I lose myself. I hate when people abuse children,or defenseless people,or hurt my loved ones especially..those are things that are consistently a "trigger" for me,after which my mind shifts gears,and I become unpredictable.

When people want to be around me,I always let them know beforehand there are things that i don't like..And i ask them to please avoid doing them in my presence..As odd as it may sound,one of those things is..I don't like to be touched without warning..especially if i'm not looking directly at the person who's trying to touch me. I'm usually very jovial,and easy to get along with,but when things go bad,they REALLY go bad. I've told every girl i've ever dated to NEVER under any circumstance, slap me in the face..ever,she can yell and scream at me all day if she wants..just don't strike me in the face,i never tell them the reason,i just tell them "don't" when they ask why.

WOW...Kensei....it's like I'm reading about my sis. There were several instances when she got older that she would put bruises on our mom. Once mom shoved her into the french doors, and my sis fell down. Mom was kicking her in the ribs. My sister got up and grabbed her, and tried to choke her. She says she didn't remember doing it. My mother was a great face-slapper. She loved to hit you in the face. When you are beaten, called Satan, told you are worthless and you will die at Armageddon your entire childhood...WTF does any parent think that child is going to grow into?

My sister started running away from home at age 11. They put her in reform school when she was 12. She wouldn't cry anymore when my mom or step-dad hit her. The more they hit, the angrier she got. And the more she got hit. She set the entire woods and field on fire, and it took trucks from 2 counties to put it out. When I grew older, and started reading outside of Jehovah's Witness crap, I remember reading that some of the main traits of serial killers is that in their childhood they were bed-wetters, they set fires, and killed animals. I'm quite sure abuse played the major role in my sister's suicide.

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

Yeah,what your sis was exhibiting is called the "MacDonald Triad",i had the same thing also,except for starting the fires,i used to catch frogs and pull their insides out of their mouths with needle nosed pliers at one point. But somehow I managed to stop myself,and channel all of that rage,and hatred into what i think is now a dual personality,which makes it manageable without the need for meds.

About the only thing I give the dubs credit for now,is giving me a conscience..sorry to hear about your sis though,from the sounds of it,i was exactly like her as a kid,if i hadn't caught myself...i'd probably be dead,or on death row myself. These days,after what transpired between me and my mom..she understands me now more than she ever did..so when i'm around her,she tries not to stress me too much.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

As much as I tried to help my sis, she turned to drugs and alcohol for medication. I even tried to get her to move 1000 miles away from my mom like I did. I was the quiet child, and too sensitive. I didn't get beaten as badly, because I would cry before I even saw the belt, the cord, or the rose bush switch. I would never talk back like she did. I internalized everything, and would go hide in the wood for hours. I'm still very quiet like that. It takes a lot for me to let anyone get close to me. There are several people on this board right now who I have gotten very friendly with. Yet, as soon as they pm'd me their phone #'s, I back off. I have issues. It took years before I could hug anyone.

What angers me so much, though, is that just like OUTLAW posted, my mom denies to this day that she ever did anything wrong. She still says she was doing what Jehovah taught. The last fight I had with her, before I left.....I just screamed........"YOUR DAUGHTER IS DEAD!!!!! MY ONLY SISTER. IS THAT WHAT YOUR GOD TAUGHT YOU TO DO?????"

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    About the only thing I give the dubs credit for now,is giving me a conscience

alt

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It goes without saying that this hideous witch was off her rocker.

Stories like this need to be publicized, not because this is the norm among JW's, but because it shows that JW's as a group are not immune from the problems that can come upon any group. It shows there is nothing magical about JW's, contrary to what they claim. It is also good as a reminder to those who are still JW's and believe the fairy tale that they have the greatest organization. Obviously they don't.

It is the mentality that "...we have the truth and don't have to worry about pedophiles and abusive parents" that totally prevents elders and others with knowledge from reporting these quacks earlier then what they do. It seems that only stories like these might change that. Lets hope so.

To those of you who have suffered similarly, I hope that you are finding the ability to cope with the painful memories. It can't be easy.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Fear. Fear of our own parents.

I can't imagine my daughter going through what you or I went through, as a child. The only fear I want my daughter to feel, is if she doesn't bring in the trash cans on Thursday, or wash her towels every 3 days, she won't get to see her boyfriend for a week. (Heaven forbid!!!)

I know now, that my mother is a twisted and sick individual. But what is worse, is that my then elder father, bought into the abuse. I remember her telling him to spank me, it was his turn. He wasn't innocent.

As I look back on my childhood, I wonder if my father had married somebody else, would he have treated me like that. I feared him dreadfully, but I know he liked me, more than mother. How could a parent hurt their child. Inflict pain.

I think this religion breeds these twisted people.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

14 years doesn't even come close to paying for the damage she's done. I hope the other inmates give her what she really deserves.

W

• KenseiShimonzu
    KenseiShimonzu

@Tatiana

As eerie as it is,you are almost exactly like my older sis..she would just get depressed,and cry all the time..which further angered me. She got beat up a lot by my mom too,but usually i did so much stuff,that my mom wouldn't even notice her sometimes. Till this day i'm VERY protective of her.

My mom for the most part,i believe genuinely doesn't remember what she did...she repressed the memories to such a degree that,years starts blending together for her,and she doesn't remember specifics,EXCEPT when it's stuff that i did.lmao she got mad when I told her that i noticed it,and i started calling it"selective memory"..at that point i told her,i remember everything..all the way back till i was about 2 or 3..i actually remember not being able to read,or walk very good. At 3,I was attacked by a doberman pincher as the owner of the dog,who would later be my brother's father,laughed on the porch with his sister..they laughed really hard when i didn't cry like a normal kid,but instead bit the dog's ear as it was biting my ankle,then i put my fingers in it's eyes and tried to pull them out..i never forgot that,it was at that point that i stopped trusting ANYONE fully,not even my mom..

My sister was molested by one of my grandmother's "friends" when she was a kid,ever since it's like she's had low self esteem so she tends to be attracted to abusers,and losers. After learning about it,I still hate my grandmother till this day for that(among other things),and I was a baby when it happened. I stopped my sis from getting raped twice when we were kids,because we started staying with each other when she was about 10,and i was 4,it was common knowledge around the neighborhood,that we were alone in the house,so theoretically,anyone could do anything...

The first guy,knocked and tried to make up an excuse for her to open the door,when she wouldn't..he busted in,he threw her on the couch,and tried to rip her shirt off,i ran to the kitchen and grabbed a freezer knife,the biggest i could find,and quickly climbed on his back,and pressed it to his adam's apple,and yelled in his ear"GET THE f@CK OFF MY SISTER OR YOU DIE TODAY!!",he put his hands in the air,and I took the knife away..i told him to leave,or that i would drive it through his guts,and he did..i was 4 at the time...

The second guy was the son of a teacher at the school I attended,he didn't know us..but found out where we lived from some guys in the neighborhood,he was obsessed with her,and had been calling and threatening to "come over",my sis would tell him that my mom was on her way home,and he'd buy it, till one day,he actually did come over,saying"I know she ain't coming,____ told me what time she get's off work" he damn near knocked the door off it's hinges getting in,then he tackled her,and tried to start ripping her clothes off..I flew into a rage,I was punching him in the head and back,but he was so much bigger than me,it had no effect on him. So i stopped,walked to my moms room,went to the bottom of her closet,and brought out the .38 my aunt had given her for protection,I ran back to the living room,where he had her on the couch with his head in her shirt,i put the barrel in his ear and cocked the hammer back,I calmly said"I told you to the get the f@ck off my sister..didn't i?...but you couldn't hear me..know i'm gonna help you with your hearing by giving you an extra hole in your head!" He started crying and saying some kind of prayer and trembling..I laughed,and said "Oh..you want God to help you now?..what about the f@ck? you sure you don't want to finish?,so i can send you to meet him in person?" He pleaded with me not to shoot,and I told him that I wouldn't as long as he got himself up,and out of my house,and out of my neighborhood..NEVER to return..I think i was about 10 at that point.

That day i told my sister that I,her little brother,would never let anyone harm her ever again..that even if they killed me in the process of stopping them,i'd take them with me as my final gift to her. After that all happened,I started lifting weights,and practicing different types of Martial Arts,I taught myself some Dim Mak,as well as the powerful,yet swift strikes from Thai Boxing,I started training with different type of weapons,even making my own from scratch form the illustrations in the books i read,I learned to make booby traps,and I placed them under windows around the house,then camoflaged them. I started conditioning myself by punching and kicking trees to toughen the skin on my hands and shins,i'd sometimes sit in ice cold water in the tub to learn how to regulate my body temp in case i needed to wait for someone in the elements,i gave myself pnuemonia twice because of it.

I only stopped all of that when i became a dub,and started believing in what they were selling..but it wasn't to last,they got a kick out of trying to push me,then reprimand me with their bullshit..i'm gonna stop right there,cause if i start thinking about that again,it won't be a good day tomorrow..

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

To put this into context, this article is a major feature over three pages in a big circulation newspaper in the UK (over 2 million copies) . The words JEHOVAHS WITNESS are in 2 inch headline...Apparently there will be more to come as the writers book is to serialized.

Very embarrassing for the dubs, even though Ms Spry was a one-off nutter..but she bore the name, and took the kids to meetings before torturing them..

• nelly136
    nelly136

the feet beating thing......wasnt that one of the forms of torture that was visited on the malawian jws, that they went on about at the meetings many moons ago?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit