Aussie actor Heath Ledger was found dead this morning

by Es 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Australia is in mourning as we have lost our greatest star. Looking at his last few movies, he was going to be one of the greatest actors of all time. I hope he finds peace for his troubled mind. We love you Heath.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Thanks Fleaman, but no not really. I'll be fine. Anyway this thread is about Heath not Nina. But Nina is 1 of us though....;)

• dawg
    dawg

This is very sad, we all have a star that shines in our soul, it was nice to see this young man shine so brightly before all our eyes. I loved "Brokeback Mountain" it as a story of love, it didn't make me feel unconfortable in anyway, for me love is love.

I'll miss seeing this young man on the screne and I greeve with his family, very sad that people have their lives changed in such ways. Very sad...

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

http://omg.yahoo.com/heath-ledger-dead-at-28/news/5904

Ledger was a widely recognized figure in his SoHo neighborhood, where Michelle Vella said she frequently saw him carrying his 2-year-old daughter on his shoulders, or having ice cream with her.

"It's a shock; he's so young," said Taren Dolbashian, who also had seen Ledger with his daughter. "He always seems so happy."

This bums me out for the sake of the little girl. Not any more so than someone else, but the same. I can't imagine ever having to tell a child their parent has died. I feel very badly for Williams. I may not know her, but as a mother, I cannot imagine, cannot even comprehend, how it would feel to tell my daughters that their father is gone.

Doesn't matter whether he was a celeb or plant worker, he was a dad and someone's son.

rip

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Doesn't matter whether he was a celeb or plant worker, he was a dad and someone's son.

rip

Well said, Black Swan.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I didn't even realize he was an Aussie. I'll really miss his acting; you just knew he was someone who wanted to do more with his craft than simply be a well-paid-much-adored-pretty-face when he took, and nailed, the Monster's Ball role.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

One of the reasons I liked him so much is that he took his role in Brokeback Mountain so much farther than a "gay cowboy." It was just a love story to me. I cried like a baby at the end. I know ALL religions don't teach the "hate," but just believing that homosexuals are going to hell or are to be destroyed at Armageddon if they don't "repent" or remain celibate, and preaching that to anyone who will listen is wrong. Period. He didn't care what people would say, or how it would affect his career. He knew it was a "love" story. That's all. And actually, the first acting role he ever had was portraying a gay teen. He was mature beyond his years. http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23095665-2902,00.html

Ledger's first acting role was as a homosexual athlete in little-known Australian TV soap opera Sweat in 1996.

He played a gay cyclist in the teen soap, set at the Western Australian Institute of Sport and which portrayed the lives of Olympic hopefuls.

The creator and writer of the series, John Rapsey, said it was clear even then that Ledger, then a 16-year-old sports champion and high school dropout, possessed an unusual talent.

"He himself had absolutely no problem playing the role. He handled all of that with great aplomb,'' Rapsey said.

"What was noticeable about him was he was concentrated, very quiet, and you could see that he was really observant of other people.''

Ledger credited his instincts with his success.

"The one thing that's got me to where I'm sitting is my instincts..."

• free2think
    free2think

So sad, i feel so sorry for his little daughter.

• avishai
    avishai

I liked him a lot in Lords of dogtown. Sad, especially for his little girl. All that being said, I DO understand the black humor some folks are using to deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit