Aussie actor Heath Ledger was found dead this morning

by Es 58 Replies latest jw friends

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Mastodon, so much for honoring the dead. He's barely cold!

RIP, Heath Ledger. I was always a fan. FHN, I loved 10 Things I Hate About You Too! A spin on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew. I also really liked A Knight's Tale.

One article said he had been complaining that stress of work had him struggling with insomnia and that he could take two sleeping pills and not even sleep for an hour. It also said he had pneumonia. Could pneumonia plus too many sleeping pills (I'm thinking more than 2, obviously) combine to cause an overdose?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

He was taking Ambein also, which is what Patrick Kennedy was taking when he was found driving around at 3am thinking he had an appointment. The Dark Knight was finished. But he stated in an interview that he was having a hard time sleeping because of the intensity of the Joker character.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7203797.stm

Father Kim Ledger said that the death of his 28-year-old "dearly loved son" had been "tragic" and "accidental".

Speaking in the actor's home town of Perth, in Western Australia, Mr Ledger said that his son had been a "down to earth, generous, kind hearted, life-loving, unselfish individual".

"Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life that few had the pleasure of truly knowing him."

New York police said they did not suspect foul play and that his body had been discovered with prescription pills nearby.

"We are investigating the possibility of an overdose," police spokesman Paul Browne told Reuters news agency. "There were pills within the vicinity of the bed."

He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss----Mel Gibson

Obituary: Heath Ledger

His family said Heath was "generous" and "life-loving"

The medical examiner's office said an autopsy would be carried out on Wednesday.

Hollywood mourning

Hollywood's hierarchy were quick to offer their tributes and mourn Ledger's death.

In 2001, Mr Gibson had cast Ledger to play his son in the American war of independence epic, The Patriot.

"What a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to his family," said fellow Australian actress Nicole Kidman.

American actor John Travolta, who was in Australia at the time of Ledger's death, said the young actor had been one of his favourite performers.

"His abilities are rare...it's a tremendous loss," said Mr Travolta.

Brokeback Mountain director Ang Lee said Ledger's performance had been a "miracle" of acting, echoing a young Marlon Brando

He had ordered a massage, so I'm going to say it was most likely accidental, as only sleeping pills were found at the scene. The autopsy will be tomorrow. Guess we'll find out then.

alt

To me, he was not just a great actor..... I think he was important in more than just a "shallow Hollywood actor" role. I never really paid much attention to him until I saw Monster's Ball. Not really into "blonde" types. But, I thought he was great, even though he had a small part in the movie.

After seeing him in Brokeback Mountain, though, I started to really pay attention. He stood up and maybe changed peoples minds about something that's still very controversial. I give him big props for that.

Asked how he felt about filming love scenes with another man, Ledger said he and his co-star Jake Gyllenhaal simply focused on their roles.

"We can't say that we weren't nervous about it," Ledger told Oprah Winfrey in 2006. "But once the first take was over, it's like, 'OK. So what? It's kissing another human being. How are we going to finish this scene? Let's get on with it and let's get out of here.' "

In a written statement, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation said it mourns Ledger's death, adding that his portrayal of Del Mar "changed hearts and minds in immeasurable ways."

This one I never saw coming. I guess if it was Amy Winehouse, Britney, or Kate Moss...I may not have been surprised. But, this one was a shock.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    This one I never saw coming. I guess if it was Amy Winehouse, Britney, or Kate Moss...I may not have been surprised. But, this one was a shock.

For real. Like I said, he had something rare and special that few humans are lucky enough to possess. Now read what his father says of him and perhaps in addition to his sensational good looks and charm, there was great substance underneath. He will be hugely missed.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I was very sad to hear about Heath Ledger- not only was he a hottie, but he really was hugely talented and could have been really great. "10 things I hate about you" is one of my favourite movies of all time and the part where he sings to Julia Stiles makes me weak! Not to mention "Brokeback Mountain". His untimely passing is very River Phoenix and Kurt Cobainesque, dont you think?

RIP Heath -

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    but he really was hugely talented and could have been really great.

He WAS great.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love it when he gets away from the security guards and then he smacks the one on the a$$.

If I could buy a husband, other than Andy. I would have bought that character.

• brinjen
    brinjen

My favourite movie of his was 'Two Hands', an early flick he made just before 'The Patriot' as I re-call. Dark comedy, quite violent, but brilliant!

http://www.infilm.com.au/?p=183

• Akira
    Akira

So sad. He was a very talented actor.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Ya know....I truly hate and despise religion. I hope Tom Cruise and a gang of actors at the funeral beat their asses. alt They can't even wait until the body is cold.

alt

• Ancient One
    Ancient One

Yes, I'm just watching morning news, they say something to do with anxiety pills overdose. Really a tragedy looks like he also had a young family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit