did anyone on here ever have a paedophile in thier congregation?

by looloo 94 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

This is just horrible.

I think when the Society said that incidents are rare among JWs they meant rarely acknowledged and properly handled.

I believe there were 2 in the small congregation I grew up in. When I was older I heard that grandchildren of both of them said they had been molested by them. Nothing was done about it that I know of and I think both are dead now.

One of those molested was a friend of mine. She told me that when she told her dad (an elder and frequent assembly drama and other parts participant) what his dad had done to her, he slapped her face and told her never to say anything like that again. Her private family life was a real horror story but they appeared to be the ideal JW family, and that's what's important, right?

The other accused molester once loaned me a book, slipped it to me quietly when i was a young teen, saying it was something he thought i would enjoy. It was a very violent and sexually explicit account of a young man's time in prison. *double-u tee eff* I was a bit shocked. So much so that I didn't even feel I could tell anyone about it. It was much later that I heard what his grandkids said about him.

~Merry

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This is very revolting! The thought of an elder shoving his shriveled old wiener in some childs face makes me feel disgust at the whole arrangement.

An elder is supposed to have one wife (1 Tim 3:2) and not some stepdaughter or preteen boy as a side diversion. When people get lured into a "spiritual paradise" I can not imagine they are anticipating that they are getting in to the WT version of paradise where some elder or ministerial servant is squat humping their innocent child.

Given the WT policy appears designed to actually breed more and more of this behavior, it makes an objective observer wonder if the GB and other WT functionaries are people of that spiritual orientation who feed off the anguish the innocent feel when they are corrupted and defiled. An observer might wonder if they take it so far as to have ritualized this behavior.

• aniron
    aniron

In a local congregation the young son of an Elder was known among the young ones as the "child molester" but nothing was done about him.

Then suddenly the family upped and moved away, they moved about 200 miles away down South.

Last I heard was that the son, by now about 20, had married a woman with a four year old son. Six months later she threw him out and filed for divorce.

• avishai
    avishai

Man. Some STRONG people on this thread.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Yes I remember when my ex-wife ran off with a sticking pedophile SOB, and he molested my 12 year old daughter, my two daughters I had at that time talked with the elders and the prominent ones said to them don't talk about it with anyone, we don't want to bring reproach on the society and that was all they did for them.

• avishai
    avishai

These ELDERS need locked the hell up, too, dammit.

• looloo
    looloo

how on earth can bringing reproach on the orgs name be a reason not to protect children from abuse ? if they reported every case of child abuse reported to the police they would have a much better reputation among worldly people aswell as thier own members , but then i suppose they would not be able to boast to eachother about how differnt thier org is to theo other wicked religions in the world , i suppose thats why they have to keep a lid on the problem to stop dubs leaving in thier thousands and keep filling thier heads with those fake "im so happy since i became a witness" stories in the watchtower !!!

• misguided
    misguided

My JW ex-father-in-law had a baby with his daughter when she was 17. He'd been molesting her, from what she can remember, since she was about 4. He even molested her while in field service. When it was found out (this took place in Ontario) both of them were disfellowshipped. They then moved to BC (Vancouver area). They kept it so secret that no one knew who the baby's father was (not my husband or even the child) until the child was 15 years old. The other elders in the hall were aware that he was a pedo, but not one said anything. He was an elder when I married into the family. As far as I know, he's still a JW living in the South-Eastern region of BC. He's never been legally dealt with.

I was abused by 2 different brothers while a teen. One was an elder who had been in our hall, but had moved to another when he molested me. I would go to his place to babysit his daughter. Evidently he molested her (last I heard she was a street-worker), and her older 1/2 sister as well.

The other was my friend's father. It started when I was about 14. He was a real creeper. I eventually told the elders about his abuse. They had a meeting with him and I was told say to his face what I was accusing him of, with all these people (men) around. I was young and shy...it was so degrading and embarrassing. He flat-out denied it. He told them I lied, misunderstood, etc., and I was left feeling like I was disbelieved and crazy. The only councelling I was offered was that I should not talk about it - it would be slander and I could be df'd for it, and to wait on Jehovah. What a farce! It really is a pedophile paradise!

Rose

• nubileone58
    nubileone58

Yes, it was years ago though. He had been the PO in our hall in a small town north of San Francisco. It turned out that he had molested his own granddaughters and two other young girls that I know of. I don't think anything ever happened to him. I am not sure how his granddaughters fared through it. They were still teens when I they moved to another town. I do know that one of the young girls, now probably in her late 20's, turned to prostitution and drugs for a long time, and has only recently got her act together.

As for the PO - his wife even stayed with him. Ugg! Turns my stomach. I had three little girls at the time - now grown. I don't think he got to them though. I had a gut feeling that just because you were a jw did not mean you could not molest, and so I did not allow ANY males to babysit or spend time alone with my girls.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

There was one I knew of in our congregation. He was the PO for years and when it came out, it really only came out to his wife and fellow elders. It was announced that he stepped down as an elder so even his kids never knew it was anything more than a choice he made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit