did anyone on here ever have a paedophile in thier congregation?

by looloo 94 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

can't believe I missed this

4 at one time - all in my family - 3 baptized (my teenaged uncles) each abusing my aunt and I who were 13 and 12 yrs old and one who was abusing one of my younger brothers and one studying (my step-father) whoi was abusing my aunt and I. When it came out my aunt was being abused she was sent to live with another family memeber. Later when he was caught with me I was sent to foster care. He was never reported and later abused my baby sister

And yes that was 4 abusers at the same time for my aunt and I during the period of 1 year. The PO knew about all of them

not one was reported - one of the teen uncles was sent away - not sure where he went though

About 10 years later an elkder from the UK moved into our cong. He has a daughter in her early teens. I knew. I just felt it in my bones that she was being abused. After they left our cong and moved west it came out in the papers that he was arrested for abusing her for years.

I kick myself for never having said anything to her that might have helped. My gut feeling is that whenever it did come out he up and moved the family a few thousands of miles away.

• LDH
    LDH

Well I'm going to turn the tables here.

The molester in our congregation was a woman. Who babysat, and who had a fascination for deflowering little girls with objects that caused all sorts of tears, etc.

I remember her first name was Linda, and I do remember her son's name, but he was about 9 when this happened, so I'm not interested in outing him.

She mysteriously moved away less than a month after this was found out.

• sspo
    sspo

In one congregation i was attending there were 3

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Yep.

One of them was not in my congregation but was my friend's husband. He was so nice and was a real crack up, everyone loved this guy. He molested a neighbor's kid that was not a JW and the boy's mother called the police. Turns out he had also molested little boys in the congregation but the elders kept it under wraps and even his wife didn't know about the congregation molestations. He was arrested, and then checked into a mental hospital. Turn out he and several other JW men were molested as children by an elder. It was a whole big mess with special investigations by the authorities and even bethel sent in a special committee. There were several disfellowshippings and a number of folks were reproved and a couple of arrests. Just think, all because a non-JW called the authorities. The JW elders had known for years about this guy.

The second one was in my congregation and happened a long time ago. He molested my cousin on several occassions. This was when JWs had gatherings at their homes all the time and blindly trusted zealous adults in the org with their kids. The elders did nothing except study with him and pleaded with her mom not to call the police. Her mom had studied with the witnesses for many years but was never baptized. Their pleading worked because she didn't call the police. The molester is still a JW in good standing but does not have any privileges. I saw him about 3 years ago. He came up to greet me. I walked away.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I have a dear friend who has revealed her father is a pedophile, he abused her and her sister. The man is still active in the congregation and claims to be of the annointed. My wife's aunt was married to a ministerial servant who molested all four of their children and several children in their congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit