new BS assignment, new threats.

by inkling 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• changeling
    changeling

Don't go back. Don't answer the phone.

changeling

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When I was stepping aside as an elder (for doubts), I was the bookstudy overseer.
    There was another elder in the group, so he started right away, no problem. I kept
    attending for a few months.

The BOE said they couldn't accept my resignation until Mother approved it. I said to
    do what they want, but I was done being an elder the moment I gave them a letter.
    Because I didn't want to be in front of a JC, I did cooperate with them by not mentioning
    this to the publishers, but allowed the BOE to contact Mother and follow her directions.

Well, they didn't announce that I was no longer an elder until more than 2 months later.
    After that announcement, they moved the wife and I to another bookstudy. I decided,
    as I was fading and missing many meetings, to use that as the time to NEVER go to the
    bookstudy ever again. I never did.

There was some effort by the overseer to get me there. He got tired of it. I never heard
    from him after a weak effort. Now the wife doesn't attend that Bookstudy either. She goes
    to one at another cong. that is more convenient to her schedule. Do what you want.

• inkling
    inkling
    what to do about it? Simple. Just stop attending. sheesh.

agreed. I just hope they don't push the issue. thanks everyone [ink]

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Heil Hitler

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

tell the mother fracker that you are astounded that the society is joining the ranks of telemarketers........ to the same response.... an unanswered phone.

ok i got a question............. is this NEW? cause about lets see........... i havent been to a meeting in 4 plus years ...... um.......... say 8 to 10 years ago, my cong started this same s***. if someone who was assigned to your bookstudy missed the meeting the conductor would either call them himself or assign someone to make the call....... well was more like ...... ok brothers and sisters......... brother or sister X Y and Z werent here tonight...... would anyone like to volunteer to check up on them tonight?

that lasted several months before it just died out....... only the true zealots (my father and thus without choice me lol) made the calls EVERY WEEK(or just allowed others to do so as the case may be) the others just called their friends and couldnt give a rats arse for anyone else. i do not remember if it was at the insistance of a CO or if it was just the new PO trying to be a hardass

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Lots of good stuff already here.

Has it been a local issue in the KH about the pedophile lawsuits? You might print a copy of this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917798/ (both web pages) and ask the CBSO gestapo that since he's a diligent, knowledgeable brother, there must be a good explanation for this. Share copies with everyone in the new BS group and tell them that your conductor will give a full explanation this week.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I remember a similar conversation my bookstudy conductor had with me. I think he called once. I gave him no reason really, just some stupid excuse. He never called again. I often wonder if he is still a cult member, it seemed to me that he was more balanced than most. I haven't heard about him or his family in years...

MMO

• ronin1
    ronin1

In response to their statement "

Him: "Well from now on, if you are not there Thursday nights, We will be calling you.
    You know, to find out whats wrong. And so you can tell us how to help you."

Thanks, but I am not a child and I will decide to call you if I feel I need your help.

End of discussion.

Ronin1

• watson
    watson

"I'm sorry Brother, I have so much going on at work now that I really need that one evening each week to get caught up. I hope that changes soon."

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I would suggest you continue too fade. They will get tired of bothering u after a while. I suggest starting to say, yeah, I did not feel well yesterday..yesh, I had too .............They just stop answering the telephone altogether. Say, I did not get your call.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit