new BS assignment, new threats.

by inkling 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

boy that was very Jim Jones of him!

• 5go
    5go
    Him: "were you here last Thursday? The local needs?"

When? Did it go something like what in this thread?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/150420/1.ashx

If so maybe my original theory was right and something is up.

• anewme
    anewme

I am out of the cult for 7 years now. Those tactics to pressure you to come to their meetings and guilt you for not going are un-American and out of line.

They really have a hold on their people mentally and emotionally.

We need to keep this website healthy as a place for them to flee to!

I really feel sorry for everyone unhappy in that cult.

I remember and understand the dilemma and torturous anguish.

There was no greater grief than to sit in a boring book study, with a lousy conductor and reader, year after year. And repeating the Revelation Book over and over is like repeating a bad dream.

Anewme

• anewme
    anewme

I'd like to ad this story.....

One book study I was in for years had an elder who did all the talking the whole hour!

He started out the study by reviewing for us the last study. Then he would begin the current study by having the reader read the paragraph. The elder would then ask the question but if the group took longer than 5 seconds to raise a hand, he would begin to ask a second question or answer the question himself.

He would wind up talking all by himself for the entire hour. The morale was so low, with nobody else speaking, that he sometimes went over by 10 or 15 minutes due to the boring solo performance he was giving.
    It was ghastly.

We complained about his teaching skills to his superiors, but they could not fix him. He was set in his ways. Many left the bookstudy without saying why. But we all knew it was because it was sooooo boring and dull. It became unbearable to dress on Thursday night, rush dinner and quit projects just to listen to old brother Study Conductor drone on and on and on. I used to actually doze in and out of consciousness on hot summer nights during the book study, with my head snapping back or forward.

Why couldnt we just call it the shit it was and leave?

Because we were all brainwashed borg slaves!

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit