new BS assignment, new threats.

by inkling 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Eh, just ignore 'em. Eventually they'll give up. They're too busy running the business to keep up with one employee.

If you still need to be present at the meetings (for family or whatever), just show up late and leave the KH early. That's what my wife and I used to do when we were fading. Don't worry about the threats, just make something up and move on.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Tell them if you need their help, you will call them! How rude to impose yourself on someone like that Damn Elders!

nj

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Each time you see him, ask him for some money!... I bet he will not
    be calling you often.
    Caballo Sentado

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Could you try this?: "Life is short. I work hard. We already studied that book. Let me know when you all have something new to tell me and I will make sure and try to make it to the meeting-if I can. Or I will call you for the cliff notes version". And say, "bye, gotta go!"

Shelly

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

tell him you are a chronic masterbator and it's triggered by phone calls. Although knowing the sick mental demeanor of the avg elder these days, it might just encourage him.

• unique1
    unique1

I would just straight up tell him "While I appreciate your concern, I am a grown man capable of making my own decisions. If I choose to not go to the meeting that is my call and none of your business. If I ever need any help from you I will call YOU. Until that time comes I would appreciate it if you didn't harrass me every Tuesday and Thursday."

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Tell him simple, I don't attend because it's boring, too regimentated, no real meat to any of the comments, nothing is open for discussion, and one can't have an answer different from the expected. That in you most humble definition is not a BS, it is regimental mind control, no deviation allowed. Like I said Boring. Maybe then they will leave you alone.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I suggest making it to random book studies (and meetings). This works better if you have more than one congregation in the same hall, since they might see you at the other meeting occasionally. Do not make it easy to guess. Once you have the pattern established, you simply start skipping all the meetings that week or that session. Increase the number of skipped meetings.

If they waste the time calling you, there is a very simple solution. Yes, it is rude. The phone has a hang up button. If you answer the phone, you "accidentally" hit that button. That will disconnect the call. You might want to unplug it from the wall, so they might think you have a telephone blackout. Or, just don't answer it. Either way, the call will become wasted time.

If they visit you, now it's time to play hardball. The options are (1) not answering the door, (2) answering with a specious reason to cut the call short, (3) answer it and warn them that the next time they hound you, you will not ever go to any meetings, ever again, or (4) if they continue hounding them, warn them that the next time you will send in a disassociation letter. If it gets to the point where you just don't give a fxxx about your standing in the organization, you might also come to the door with a Ouija board, a copy of Crisis of Conscience, or some Christmas decorations (they work great when it's out of season to drive hounders berzerk). Then, if they try to haul you in for the judicial committee, just don't show up.

Or, if it gets to where you don't give a fxxx what happens to you within the congregation, you can point blank threaten that one hounding and you will never ever be going to any meeting or out in field circus ever again. And, you could threaten a disassociation letter upon any houndings. That should do the trick, but you will probably be officially put out of the congregation at that time.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Why not tell him that you prefer studying the Revelation Book at home by yourself? That way, you have time to look up and meditate on all the scriptures.

Besides, who says you have to attend a meeting just to read a book?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I don't know your *story*, but my general reaction is ... if you are continuing to play their game, they will continue to impose their rules. If there is a reason for you to be there (family, etc,) you'll have to pay the price or decide if it is too high for whatever other benefit you are trying to obtain.

exactly...........couldn't have said it any better than what Bisous wrote!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit