new BS assignment, new threats.

by inkling 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ink,

Where the elder said: Well from now on, if you are not there Thursday nights, We will be calling you.
    You know, to find out whats wrong. And so you can tell us how to help you."

Tell him "it's your dime"(referring back in the day of a $.10 payphone). and leave it at that, and don't answer his calls or answer the calls it don't matter, but I would make him work by not being that availible, eventually he will give up calling you anyway it is just a tempararry zeal for calling you up on your absenteeism that will fade very rapidly.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

AllTimeJeff and Frankiespeaking make great points.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I just confront them. honestly I do not take sh*t from them

• inkling
    inkling
    I just confront them. honestly I do not take sh*t from them

They can't rustle up a JC just becuase i'm missing meetings, but when happens if i actually said to the effect of "I am iintentionally and uunrepentingly missing."? [ink]

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Thats som BS from your bs. I like onthewayouts suggestion of making him put in work. Challange a dub in any way and they tend to shrink back.

• blondie
    blondie

I would just get caller ID and screen those calls. Or you could visit a different book study every week if you feel you need to go. Or visit one in a neighboring congregation. I have relatives that never go to their "assigned" one and visit wherever they please. It will be hard to keep track of you for sure.

Blondie

• restrangled
    restrangled

As Blondie stated, get caller ID. Or change your number and make it unlisted. Last resort, don't answer your phone. Let people leave messages, return those you want to.

Just because a phone rings it does not obligate you to answer.

r

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Tell him that from now on you'll be calling him the nights you won't be there AND be giving him the reason why. Assholes like him...

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

some good suggestions here.

Something else you can always do is thank them over and over for their interest, but make sure you continue to miss the meetings.

Keep a smile on your face while you tell them you just didn't feel like going the other night, but thanks soooo much for your call, and then ask them how are you doing? You basically need to treat them like children. It works!

The Oracle

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

what to do about it? Simple. Just stop attending. sheesh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit