What do you think about Demons now?

by tooktheredpill 70 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Mental illnesses and sleep walking explain a lot of demon activity. I don't believe they exist because for every story I hear, there is a logical explanation for it.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Every brother and sister has a story about demons possession. The more hilarious I ever heard is the one about a soda cracker's package flying in the room full of brothers. Of course, the reason was that some spiritist gave that cracker package to some poor brother.

-ootb

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Muwhahaha, funny!

I heard one about a tie tightening around a brother's neck.

God, I'm glad I don't believe in the supernatural anymore.

• VM44
    VM44

Notice that the Jehovah's Witnesses never tell a story of a demon attached to something bought on eBay.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I believe they exist, but don't really give much thought to them. That it until recently, I had surgery on my left arm almost two weeks ago and the Percocet I'm taking makes me have the most horrible demon dreams!! So at least they only come visit me in my sleep!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Whenever I hear a demon story I pursue it like a UFO sighting.

Is it a first hand report?
    Was there drugs or alcohol use involved?
    Did the person who experienced it have a history of mental illness?
    Did it happen when they were a child and prone to fabrication?

If it is a first hand report I look them in the eye and tell them I don't believe them. That is my final and best test. I have yet to have anyone get angry with me for saying I don't believe them. Ordinarily, if you call someone a liar those are fighting words. But they know they are lying.

People like to scare themselves AND other people.

I believe there are other intelligent entities in the universe. There might be some aliens out there with some great technology and an evil disposition. But, I have never encountered them.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

All I can say is that I did experience something akin to demon attacks, funnily enough whenever I actually found ""real truth"" that is information not JW based and purely revealed to me by my creator. They got more aggressive as I left. But that is **my** account - believe it or not.

Now, however, I give them no thought - I don't fear them at all.

• DJK
    DJK

"Hey Rocky,,,watch me pull a demon out of my hat!"

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Hey Rocky,,,watch me pull a demon out of my hat!"

"Again?"

"Whoops, wrong hat!"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I can't help but notice that the more educated a culture, the less "demon attacks". Also, most Bible discussion on demons are very remeniscient of mental illness that we would today heal with drugs.

I have read a number of books by psychics, and apparent scientific proof of demons, but the more I research the less I find any compelling evidence that demons are real.

JW's always say how calling on the name of Jehovah stops demon attacks, hence proof it is the truth. However, the Bible says it is Jesus name that expels demons.

Mark 9:38-39 "John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us." But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me;"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit