What do you think about Demons now?

by tooktheredpill 70 Replies latest jw friends

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hi guys!

As many of you know, I'm still inside the Borg, but my mind is completely disconnected. I had a chat with some friends during the week, and they started sharing experiences they had, dealing with demons in the past.

I heard some stories from brothers from Cuba, that used to be mediums or "saints", and how the demons "immediately started to attack them when they started learning the Truth(tm)". They use that to re-affirm that they are in "The Truth"(tm).

One of the sisters supposedly was "held against the floor for hours" by demons in one ocassion... ¿? 2 others told me "how difficult was to burn possessed objects", and stuff like that.

Have you heard similar stories before? What do you think about Demons now? Are they what the JW explained to us in the past?

Just curious!

TTRP

• changeling
    changeling

When I dismissed god as being an imaginary friend the demons went with him.

changeling

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

In the past I have called on god to answer and help me.........no body home.

I have called upon the demons and satan himself to show himself to me...........no body home.

My assumption???? NON-EXISTANT Mythological entities

NMG

• Layla33
    Layla33

Oh my goodness, if there is anything in this religion/cult that makes me aware of their indoctrination and occultish background is there obsession with "demons".

Everything is either demonized, there are demons everywhere, even logical easily explained situations are always connected to "demons". Imagine as a child growing up.

I don't believe in "demons" in the way that JWs describes it. I have always believed that they play a hot and cold game explaining "demons" and I have observed very occultish ideology beneath it.

I believe in the spiritual realm, however, nowhere in the manner in which it is explained today.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

God - perfectly good guy.

Demon - perfectly bad guy.

Little chance of either of these existing.

Though I admit that I thought I had run-in's with them when I was a JW. Funny, they never bothered me BEFORE I became a JW (and found out about them), nor have they bothered me since I left. I'm sure the JW's would have a nice little "they have you where they want you" line for that. Oh well, eh?

Dave

• Layla33
    Layla33

I actually wanted to add something and went to the edit feature and it didn't let me do it (although it was less than five minutes from the original post), so I add it here:

I have a pretty sad and interesting story to share regarding demons, and maybe anyone that has grown up in this religion can identify.

It was summer and my brother and I and my cousin were visiting my paternal grandparents for our three week stay over. After hearing a talk at the KH where they pronounced all these corporations as demonized and all these references as demons (including different toothpastes), we as impressionable children decided that one Saturday afternoon, we would go through grandmom's record collection and destroy all of her demonized recordings. I remember it well, all her marvin gaye, motown recordings, all of her favorite singers, broken up and in a pile. Even to this day, it breaks my heart to remember what we did. I saw my grandmom not too long ago and although she is a JW, there's a vacant look to her that many possess and I just remember that.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What do you think about Demons now?

They love the kingdom hall because there they can be elevated to the status they long for.

• DJK
    DJK

I think demons give some very fine performances in movies.

• marmot
    marmot

Demons are nonexistent. Figments of the imagination drawn up to excuse people's own evil actions or fears.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

In the past I have called on god to answer and help me.........no body home.

I have called upon the demons and satan himself to show himself to me...........no body home.

My assumption???? NON-EXISTANT Mythological entities

NMG

I'm totally with no more guilt on this one. I offered my soul to Satan and my body to the demons when I was 16 and either they turned me down or nobody home!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit