Are You Ever Afraid To Post Your Views On This Board?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Absolutely!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

No, my views change as the facts change.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

i seem to say what i need to say. I dont care if people agree with me or not.. I didnt care when I was an elder and I dont care now. I have a tough skin... being a bill collector does that to a person....

I caused a big hullabaloo awhile back and got attacked for posting what i thought of a certain post.... and got accused of still wearing my "elder hat"....(dont worry about what it was if you dont know..it was buried and was stupid and blown out of proportion...I only mention it in the context of this topic).... and maybe tendrils of the Borg are still in my mind... and I will keep growing and evolving in my thinking as time goes on....

and I will keep posting my views and maybe if...instead of attacking me... people would look back at my post history these last 10 months and see how I have evolved as a person...and give me a break if I have conservative views of life at times...

Snakes ()

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't think so. I like the idea of being a straight shooter - but I hope if I'm being abusive someone will pm me and let me know. Name calling can be abusive - dispute the idea, not the person.

• erynw
  • flipper
    flipper

No, not at all. I post opinions and threads I believe in- or I wouldn't put it out there . I have a genuine human love for people on this board and I care deeply- but I am intimidated by no one. Great thread Minimus ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..No..I ve always said what I think.........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• eclipse
    eclipse

I plead the 5th

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Belbab,

Yup, I get pretty nervous, it's like giving birth to a baby and I am not even a woman.

I am always afraid of saying too much, that I am out to lunch, that I am blowing my horn, that I am being too authorative, and and who the hell do I think I am to express my opinions to others.

Something like that.

And when I click on the send button,

Immediately I think what the hell did I do that for.

belbab

Auwh, Belbab. I can relate to that, especially now after so many years of opportunity to evolve past all of this. Yet, I still come back occasionally to type, click and gasp, "why did I do that". The apprehension is not about WHAT I'm typing, but it is about WHY I'm typing. The proverbial, "What was I thinking" quandary is more regarding 'why am I doing this again'.

Maybe it's about guys like us feel like we should be evolved enough to be able to put things more clearly than we seem able to when we hit the 'enter' button. I guess my fear is that I'm still as stupid as I was when Farkel prolifically pointed out how stupid I was. That's it. Farkel never seems to feel stupid when he hits the 'send' button. That's what we are missing.

Damn, I have attained another epiphany.

Steve

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, it's true Farkel doesn't feel stupid when he hits the enter key

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit