Are You Ever Afraid To Post Your Views On This Board?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus,

Do you ever get nervous making a post, knowing that perhaps you''re going to get "picked on" in one way or another???

There should never be a fear of this if you are well-informed. If you appear on a thread where an element of knowledge is required, a political thread for example and post in ignorance, be prepared for fallout. There should never be an issue with posting on most threads on this Board as they are benign and involve no real controversy of viewpoint. Hate the JW's, hate the WTS, love Reality Shows. ;) Just avoid the ones where you are out of your depth and go into reading mode until you are ready to post. HS

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I usually sit, laptop on knee, trousers round ankles in the mens room just in case!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes but only when Marge is around and she is looking over my shoulder

• minimus
    minimus

Even some well informed are timid on DBs, (discussion boards).

Actually for those that post on a JW related board, politics is something that tends to create trouble. That's been evidenced when certain people disagreed with certain others and penalties resulted to the low man on the totem pole. What is out of depth is in the eye of the beholder.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No, but in order not to offend sensitive eyes I have refrained my expressions somewhat, but every once in a while I test the limits of free speach by not putting *%# inbetween words and spell it correctly, hopefully in time that will change. Anyway the freedom of expression that has been growing on this board IMO, is a welcome sight as we continue to be deprogrammed not only of the JW cult mind control but other forms of cultural and political mind control as well.

As far as threads with heated debates, and forum assistance, I think they are doing a good job., in just letting them go on for the most part, as they have a tendency to all work out in the end by the poster's themselves. And I must add that the heated debating threads are very entertaining, especially when some posters take it very personally and go to great lenghts to prove themselves personally in the the right(like HS,BTS,JO,Fark&followers..) and defend thier honor and spout off about thier sincerity, honesty, and how they never lie etcetera, and etcetera. I really get a chuckle reading them and I'm sure it does some theraputical good in self examination for them, and those that just read them.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Your right Min and some of the apprehension may stem from the fact that most people here were JWS at one time and the other,

where self expression was deliberately curtailed and subdued which now makes it difficult for people to express themselves properly or in a way they want to.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I usually sit, laptop on knee, trousers round ankles in the mens room just in case!

Okay, that's just hi-larious! (Quite the visual) I know I shouldn't be, but I'm pretty reserved here, a tad fearful. Workin on it.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Do you ever get nervous making a post, knowing that perhaps you''re going to get "picked on" in one way or another???

Yes. But I've posted anyway. And guess what? Got mah purty lil' ass kicked! However, it is healing nicely, thank you.

• BFD
    BFD

I am very reserved in posting my thoughts on this board. I like reading more than contributing on the more controversial threads. I've said it before, I take a lot more than I give on this board.

It's not that I'm afraid to post my thoughts. It's more like I don't need my thoughts validated and or attacked by anonymous posters on a discussion board.

BFD

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    mah purty lil' ass

You should post pictures to support this claim.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit