Are You Ever Afraid To Post Your Views On This Board?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would explain an answer, but I am afraid to give the details. Seriously.

alt

• lola28
    lola28

Yes, recently I made a post that was taken by some to be too harsh, someone even went as far as calling me a bitch, and at the end of the day it really did not matter to me because this person does not know me. I made the post because sometimes you just have to speak up when things don't add up. 2+2=4 not five, I knew lots of people would be upset about what I wrote but so what? It's not going to kill me to have people who I'll never meet think less of me, I know who I am and I know what I feel and I can not ignore the fact that I felt something was really out of place and wrong with what that certain poster had posted. Maybe the way in which I stated by disbelief was too harsh in fact it probably was but I can not shake the feeling that I am right about this situation and I could not at the time keep quiet about it.

• avishai
    avishai

Nope. I've already wasted too much of my life worrying about what other people think of me. What DOES bug me is when someone is stating a view that I disagree with and I don't stick up for my views, or someone is getting jumped unduly. I'd feel like crap if I did'nt say anything.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I try to be tactful when giving my opinions.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Interesting point made by the poster who said they try and avoid certain individuals. That is best especially if you know the kind of person they and the kind of posts they create.

Orangefatcat

• belbab
    belbab

Yup, I get pretty nervous, it's like giving birth to a baby and I am not even a woman.

I am always afraid of saying too much, that I am out to lunch, that I am blowing my horn, that I am being too authorative, and and who the hell do I think I am to express my opinions to others.

Something like that.

And when I click on the send button,

Immediately I think what the hell did I do that for.

belbab

• Gopher
    Gopher
    who the hell do I think I am to express my opinions to others.

Belbab -- who the hell I think you are -- is another good member of this board who deserves to be heard. (And you only have 12 more posts to 1000, and just wait until you see the celebration for you!)

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Yes, but only when I post about "Ghosts", cuz Funky Derek seems to know everytime I've posted about them........(sorry Funky, couldnt resist)

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Only for three reasons 1. not wanting to Give enough info for someone to figure out who I am (and I have been able to figure out who other people on this board were from their post) 2. Just like in emails sometimes what you mean to say is not how what you say is taken and so when in doubt I just chose not to post and last 3. So many here can say it better then me so I let them do it and when I can be of help I try to help

• Twitch
    Twitch

No

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit