Are You Ever Afraid To Post Your Views On This Board?

by minimus 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Buttlight said: Yes, but only when I post about "Ghosts", cuz Funky Derek seems to know everytime I've posted about them........(sorry Funky, couldnt resist)

That's cuz he's really telepathic......he jes doesn't want you to know.

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES,

because I know the power that the WTBTS has, they and the cong. elders are so successful at lying, it is an awesome experience to be anywhere near some of the things they get up to.

One day, I may be able to post my experiences without the fear,

I can assure you all,

You will be shocked.

fokyc

• seawolf
    seawolf

I'm going to be honest and say, yes I have been in the past. I can't count the number of times I've had a post all typed up and just said ah the heck with it and closed the window. That, combined with I don't think my posts are really noticed anyway, is why my post count is so low considering how long I've been here. :)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

There are things I would like to post about and discuss with like minded people on here but I am afraid the threads will just get savaged or go off-topic. So I discuss these things on other boards instead. Too bad for me since it would be nice to discuss certain subject matters with other X-dubs.

Burn

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

No, I'm not! But sometimes the systems administrator doesn't want me to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItlz8ipSVc

• free2beme
    free2beme

No, but I understand the fear

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I don't know if I'd call it fear. I'm cautious anywhere on the Internet - things you post online can come back to haunt you later.

I do find that I hesitate at times to comment on a topic, partly because of what seawolf said. I don't come here often enough to stay on top of a discussion, and when I have said something that I considered worthy of further commentary, it's rarely followed up on - the higher-profile posters get all the attention ! :-) That doesn't bother me, it's just the nature of any community.

Some topics move so quickly and sometimes deteriorate into a slogging match, so I start to feel that my comments would be irrelevant.

I have been jumped on for certain views, but that doesn't make me afraid to state them.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm not afraid but usually I won't speak up too much on controversial issues because I don't want to feel obligated to debate with someone. I only browse JWD at work and I can't really be typing up giant responses all day. I really enjoy reading though.

GBL

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

That's cuz he's really telepathic......he jes doesn't want you to know.

Or he doesnt want to believe, cuz that would make him like me and you Mary!

• minimus
    minimus

No one should really be "afraid" to post here unless, of course, it's posting something that is against guidelines. What is wrong is for anyone to pre-judge a person simply because they think they "know" what they're all about. I have no issue saying I question something if it doesn't seem quite right but I wouldn't want to call everyone a liar or fraud just because I might have some misgivings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit