News from Mother ship

by jefferywhat 283 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

yeah...for example, has the PO position been officialy removed?

Also, last I heard there were still Circuit Overssers...

What is the latest?

The Oracle

• freddo
    freddo

In answer to Oracle ...

PO title has been replaced with "Co-ordinator of the Body of Elders" - this was done ostensibly to take the "presiding" = authority bit away.

IMO there is always another hidden reason and I guess this change will be due to legal ramifications from some Bro P.O. Gotmoremouththanbraincells being held responsible by an attorney acting for an ex-jw in a costly molestation/uninsured injuries claim heading it's way to Brooklyn!

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

lovesdubs-

Im thinking Jehovah himself is the apostate :) the ultimate inside man!hahahahah

• freddo
    freddo

Bump! Any more news?

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

seems we are stalled for major news and/or rumors.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yeah, there's been no excitement for ages (if you discount JCanon/Lars' threads )

• Balsam
    Balsam

Sounds like the WTS is in the grip of fear at a high level which happens from time to time. A shake up so that they can tighten the control over the rank and file and put the fear of God in everyone who questions their ridiculous rules and policies. I hope a ton of the bethel family and elders everywhere are going to question this latest ham stringing of everyone.

Ruth

• yknot
    yknot

The WTS is at a Rutherford-esque post 1925 moment....... All of Da Judge's/Uncle Fred's stuff is growing irrelevant and appears religiously stupid (unless they are planning on creating some 'Hill Cumorah Pageant' type of event in NY too)

Since there is no "Oracle' in the GB the complete corporate take over is ripe and long overdue.

Sure the WTS wants a 'Knorr' and that might be behind the Farm expansion and other property purchases but no 'Knorr' could have happened without Rutherford abandoning Russell's interpretations and forging ahead with his own interpretations......

I don't think a Franz type of 'pure religion' (1950s) can boost retainage or gain new converts

We aren't setting anymore dates.....

Imminence while novel to newbies ultimately is a Achilles heel as time continues to march onward and the availablilty of older WTS publication becomes more common knowledge within the JW community.

Time for a new schtick........ that will last for centuries to come. I am thinking it is time for the committees to do a little research on the RCC and LDS......

• agonus
    agonus

Come on, guys - what about Walkill? And the ostensibly scrapped Residential Towers? I smell compounds...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yeah, I smell compounds too, and not the medicinal type.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit