How many Memorials have you attended and missed?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Since 1987, I must have went to about 16 memorials and missed about 5

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Never missed one since birth. IF I do go this year, I'm going to partake.

momz

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Went to my first Memorial in 1953 (there were 3 partakers in our congregation). Never missed one since. Not even in 2007 even though I hadn't been to a meeting for 7 months. Clyde didn't go for the second year in a row. This year I'm probably not going to go although it would be interesting to see how many attend and if anyone partakes of the emblems considering the new "light." Last year I was pleasantly surprised that the KH was far from full. I counted about 30 empty seats. Other years, they had to set up extra chairs and sit people in the library.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have been to 20 in a row now, won't make it to number 21.

• ferret
    ferret

been to about 30 and missed the last 28 including 2008.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

• '88 - first
    • '89 - missed
    • '90 - missed but started back to meetings the Sunday afterword
    • '91 - it was all about me that year, pioneer, ms, working the seldom worked territory, oh yeah, I was on fire
    • '92 - made it, but was publicly reproved for smoking - yikes, what a difference a year makes
    • '93 - memori-what?
    • '94 - sinners need not attend. I'm a sinner
    • '95 - my lifestyle wasn't approved. I stayed home
    • '96 - I was too busy living life
    • '97 - I married a worldly girl instead
    • '98 - I think I was in Marin County, installing computers
    • '99 - I not only attended, but I helped install a new commode the week before
    • '00 - Oh yeah, dicktator Tom was there.
    • '01 - I'm pretty sure this was my last one.
    • '02 - smooooooooking
    • '03 - see '02
    • '04 - moved back to minnesota - the cult simmering, but almost forgotten
    • '05 - I was too busy falling in love with someone who didn't want me. Awwwwwwwww....
    • '06 - I had just broke up with the psycho that DID want me! Yikes, I don't know what was worse.
    • '07 - What the hell is it about the month April and me falling for someone with a sad story?
    • '08 thru eternity - Magic eight ball says, "HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!" Must be one of those NEW magic eight balls.
  • Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I've gone to every Memorial from 1974 to 2000 ... missed every one since then. And I intend to continue missing all of them.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Never missed one... yet.

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

Hi, it's been ages since I posted on here. I probably should just say I'm a newby since no one would know who I am anyway. But I just wanted to say that I don't attend memorials in a KH. My family celebrates the Lord's Supper in our home, and we do so according to the Jewish calendar, not the JW's idea of when the Memorial is because many times they have it wrong anyway. We also keep Passover as well. I believe the Last Supper and Passover are actually not the same nights. The Last Supper we keep on Nisan 14 at sundown and the next night on Nisan 15, begins passover. This year we will be eating unleavened bread for a full 7 days, if I can convince my family of that fact lol I've only missed 2 memorials since leaving (being kicked out of) the JW's. I should probably post my testimony at some point so yall know where I'm coming from. My entire family now shares in the Last Supper. We also do communion many times during the year, either in our homes or at Church. We just did communion on Christmas Eve at a friend's house during the Christmas party. What a great way to remember Jesus' birth and life. God bless, Ashton from CA

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

Never missed one... yet.

Congratulations! Really!

I thought you're outofthebox?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit