How many Memorials have you attended and missed?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

Never missed one since birth. IF I do go this year, I'm going to partake.

Good! Please tell us about it later, momzcrazy. Okay?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was a JW for 20 years and made it to every memorial. Since leaving the JWs I haven't been to any. There is nothing of value at the JW memorial.

W

• compound complex
    compound complex

About 4 missed:

One due to illness.

One due to my being asked to leave.

The rest missed due to my permanent absence from the KH.

Otherwise, I attended about 3 dozen.

CC

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I have never missed a single Memorial since my birth. Why? To make my JW family 'happy'

• wildfell
    wildfell

I attended every memorial for 20+ years.

In March 2007, I began researching jw history and doctrines and was disgusted. While at the 2007 memorial, I realised that jw's do not have the truth and I made the decision then and there that I would never go back. That was my last meeting.

This year we will be partaking at home.

I have been lurking on this website for many months, and I want to take the time to say thank you to all of the posters here. You helped me to de-program my mind. I found this website a great tool for healing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

25 and missed none

• dinah
    dinah

Haven't been to one in about 12 years. For the last two years, I've had my own.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Welcome to the board!, wildfell

• chickpea
    chickpea

attended 1988-2007, including the night of the day of my mother's funeral in '96 ( non-JW) .... i went to the first one as a bible student and the second as an unbaptized publisher

i plan on missing all the rest...... i refuse to add to the body count they use for their propoganda purposes by boosting the number of attendees

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It is so interesting to me, after not attending for 25 years, to see that you all talk about the memorial months before it happens and then for months afterward - I don't get it. As far as I remember, it was incredibly boring, same speech every year. The only interesting thing was watching the wine go around the room to see if anyone would "partake" which is JW-speak for drink some of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit