Just thought you should know...demunz...Everybody run!!

by RisingEagle 15 Replies latest jw friends

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I was sitting with my to-the-death jw mom eating dinner tonight while watching the show 'Dateline' on NBC. It was an innocuous little program on happiness. The narrator for the story got about 30 seconds into his presentation and mentioned something about the part of the brain that controls our happiness. I made an offhand comment about how that was interesting and my mom responded, "Well, you know who owns that show?" Not even thinking about it, I mumbled something about General Electric and started to go into how I read Jack Welch's biography some years ago. My mom interrupted me and said, "No, I mean who do you think owns that show now?" I couldn't think what she meant. Did she see something in the newspaper or on the header page for Yahoo! about some company buying out GE or Vivendi? Nope! "You KNOW that demunz own that show?!?"

Honestly it didn't dawn on me what she was talking about until I got home a few minutes ago and opened up jwd. It's funny to me how I can be quite intelligent about some things and quite dense about others that are right in front of my nose. That has got to be one of the main reasons I won't ever be an effective anti-witness. I spend so much of my time just trying to keep from laughing out loud or saying, "Oh mom, that is a bunch of bullsh**!" that it never crosses my mind to try to use the comments she makes as an argument against her brainwashing. Or worse, I have an epiphany minutes or, like tonight, hours later and after slapping myself on the forehead like in the V8 commercials that, "I coulda had an anti-witness conversation!"

Just so you know, demunz own the program 'Dateline'. I don't know if that is official jdub reasoning or just something she picked up from her fellow inmates at the hall. I lean towards the latter.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well that is standard JW teaching - that Satan controls the whole system especially the entertainment industry

• changeling
    changeling

Your mom and mine must be related.

changeling

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

That's what happens when someone is not capable of admitting they are wrong. They have to come up with some way to discredit anything that suggests that things aren't how they portray them to be. Kind of sad, but I guess we were all there, or most of us were there at one time.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

((((((((((((((((((((RisingEagle)))))))))))))))))

I don't know how you do it, really, any of you with loved ones "in".

You all have my respect and admiration.

Here have some chocolates. It's my "cure all".

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Back in the 2002 "Dateline" ran a story about Jehovah's Witnesses Pedophile Cover-Up and just recently MSNBC also ran a story about :

"The Jehovah's Witnesses have settled nine lawsuits alleging church policies protected men who sexually abused children for many years."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917798

So, it's not surprising that many Witnesses feel it's a supernatual conspiracy designed to make them look bad.

• 5go
    5go
    Kind of sad, but I guess we were all there, or most of us were there at one time.

OH GOD I WISH I COULD FORGET THAT PART OF MY LIFE ALREADY!

Man, I was nuts back then five years ago.

I remember when I thought I was some chosen thing of god too. That was a low time for me. I still have to fight that chosen feeling sometimes even now.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

BreakingAway: Exactly! That story on Dateline was what I (eventually) remembered when I opened up jwd tonight. I mean, of course she would think that Dateline was owned by demons, the show exposed her religion's skeleton in the closet. Therefore Dateline=demonically influenced.

I just wish my apostate fu was more powerful. So many folks on this site are ready to give an effective anti-witness at the drop of a hat, but I don't even realize most of the time that I'm being served up an easy homerun when they happen. Or it could be I don't want to argue with family, kind of a go along to get along thing.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think David Ike would agree with your mother.

• shell69
    shell69

its kind of like this

shell; IN THE TROOF; has a car accident = response 'demunz are attacking you'

shell OUT THE TROOF; has car accident = response 'thats what you get for leaving jehoobah'

C**P all of it.

Shell69

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit