Would you go to the Memorial?

by freedomfighter 46 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I haven't been since 1989 when I dragged my then boyfriend (who was a df'd jw - hey I didn't know it when I met him - and half-cocked and slept thru most of it). Was bored out of my skull and it did nothing to uplift me. Don't know what I was thinking. No plans to ever go to the great denial again.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Sure.. if I can sit in the front row of my old KH and partake......

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I gave the Memorial talk a few years back.... why should I go again?......I heard it before.... just a BorgInfomercial...

OMG:

Didn't those wafers look so good

they taste like ....nothing...bland, dry, bad......

I do figure my mom will be asking if I am going...but she doesnt live here...so no direct pressure...and maybe the congo I am in cards are at will call because I will be fresh on the "inactive" list.... probably will be the last ditch effort to drag me back....

Snakes ()

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I do figure my mom will be asking if I am going...but she doesnt live here...so no direct pressure...and maybe the congo I am in cards are at will call because I will be fresh on the "inactive" list.... probably will be the last ditch effort to drag me back....

Be strong young Snake and cautious as a serpent. Well, that shouldn't be too hard for you to do....

• flipper
    flipper

After leaving the organization in 2003 , I went to the Memorial the last time in Spring 2006 . Then after finding out about the scam with the child abuse scandals I decided , forget it for all Memorial attendences in the future with this organization ! So, for the first time in 47 and a half years- I did not go in 2007 ! Don't plan on going again . They obviously don't know the first thing about honoring the man who was JC ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Here's a quiz that should help you determine whether or not you belong at the Memorial this year.

http://www.network-innovation.net/Memorial/Memorial.htm

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I luuuuuv online quizzes - this one said I am a first class apostate. Great! Of course, I wasn't going anyway. Haven't been in over 20 years for that matter. Tried to picture myself going, hooboy no way in hell.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

It's weird how the last thing most ex-JWs hold on to is the memorial. Even after abandoning meetings, service, an conventions, the memorial is always the last thing to do.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I once bought a Ouija board in lieu of going to that wastefest. The only way I will ever go is for some group of witlesses to tie me to a board and carry me into the Kingdumb Hell, and fix it so I can't disrupt the event (perhaps by spilling wine on purpose).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

For those that are unsure of whether to go or not, excluding those that feel that they
    have to go for the sake of family members that might otherwise shun them, here is
    what you are contributing to:

Their bragging rights

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit