Would you go to the Memorial?

by freedomfighter 46 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Since i was raised as a JW i have NEVER missed the memorial.

Now since i have been DF'd i"m not sure whether i will go or not. My wife is still a JW. Should i go for her sake or not?

( Haven't been to a meeting since being DF'd 3 mths ago )

FF

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Only you can make that decision, but if it were me that would have to go, I would say no!

Then again I don't have a JW spouse. So perhaps you should go for her. Because you love her. If you can stomach it.

I missed my first Memorial this past year and I did not turn to stone or develop a rash or anything! I also did not have to spend an unpleasant evening in a Kingdom Hall. But that is just me...

• garybuss
    garybuss

Would you go to the Memorial? No!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You are DF'ed and know it's not the truth. You are free to skip it.
    The only reason for going is to appease a spouse. The only reason it
    appeases a spouse is that it gives her hope.

I am a completed fader, so I have more of a statement to make by not
    going to the Memorial. I want wife and mother to know that there isn't
    any reason to keep hope alive.

• changeling
    changeling

I plan to be "out of town".

changeling

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

*@. . .gag. . .%^*

will there be bread and wine?

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea my wife and I are going

• OMG! Now What?
    OMG! Now What?

I think the Memorial was the first step the elders in the congregation forced upon me to become a fader. I hadn't been to some meetings due to sickness and absolutely no one from my cong told me and my family of when the Memorial would be, nor did they call or ask where I was after the fact. It hurt me deeply (2 years ago so far) knowing that no one there cared if I knew about the Memorial or even cared to know why I wasn't there. At first I felt like someone died and missed the funeral (no pun intended) but then it started to dawn on me just how important I was in the cong.

Now, I wouldn't go even if I did know when it was. If I had a spouse, I would probably discuss it with him and let him know my feelings and why I couldn't go. If after talking he still wanted me to go, I would only go to preserve my marriage.

But, in reality, it's up to you. None of us can tell you what to do or what not to do. I wish you the best in your decision.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I haven't been to a memorial in at leat six years and I truly could not even begin to imagine the circumstances that would see me attending. Let me think for a second. Hmmmm, nope. Nothing comes to mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit