Newbie Hello

by yomomma 25 Replies latest jw friends

• yomomma
    yomomma

Hello,

I am very new to the site and I'm sure there is a learning curve, so please bear with me. I have looked around a little and find the site very interesting and encouraging so far. It is heartwarming to meet other people with questions or experiences who can relate them without needing to hide behind blatant negativity or automatic judgemental attitudes.

A little info on me (also see my bio on my profile) - I had been fading out over the past decade, but recently hit a "CoC" which was the breaking point. I am lucky (a word I was never allowed to use, "must say fortunate instead") enough to be walking this road with my love for God much stronger, my marriage to my JW sweetheart still intact, my children adjusting well (so far) to the changes we are making, a father & sister who walked this road years before me, and many friends, especially CCS (most of whom I would have previously judged unfit and missed out on) who have all been so supportive as I put the pieces of my new true self together.

2007 was the most painful, yet blessed year of my life. This new year will no doubt also be a rocky one, as not all of my family and none of my in-laws (long-time JW zealots, one and all) are aware of the changes we have made. I am growing tired of the weight of what now seems like a worthless farce, in order to maintain family connections. However, my husband is (rightly) concerned about losing his elderly, ill mother. And, I would hate for my actions/words, or desire to be free of this weight, to cause him or our children pain.

I'm sure I will be looking here for a little "light" on those future rocky days and hope that I too can add something of value to someone else.

Yomomma

• DJK
    DJK
    my marriage to my JW sweetheart still intact,

You can call it fortunate or luck. I call it "a good thing."

Welcome to the forum. You will find many to relate to here.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Wecome yomomma to JWD

It is good to have you with us and thank you for telling us about yourself. You will definitely find that many here are in the same difficult situation as yourself with JW family. Some try to fade so as not to lose their loved ones, whilst others make a clean break and DA or have been disfellowshipped for speaking out about the lies and deception of the WT. It is indeed cruel and evil to use emotional blackmail in the way they do.

We look forward to more of your posts soon.

Maddie

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Welcome Yomomma!

The light is always bright here! It doesn't fade, it doesn't diminish with knowledge and it's always on regardless of what you believe.

Again, welcome.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Welcome yomomma. I hope things continue to look up for you.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Speaking of C of C, have you read the book CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE?

Outaservice

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

worthless farce

Well said, there is only so long that a person can go on living their lives trying to make others happy at a cost to themselves. It is a huge relief to finally move on.

Leaving is a rocky road, so I hope we can be of help doctrinally or emotionally over the coming months or years.

• yomomma
    yomomma

Yes. A very helpful book, given to me by a true friend. I especially like the 2nd book "In Search of Christian Freedom".

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Yomamamma

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome yomomma!

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit