by yomomma 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Akira
    Akira

Welcome! It's nice to have you here.

Akira

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

welcome yomomma!

I too am doing what I need to do in order to mantain family connections and getting very tired of it myself ....

I wish you all the best and hope to see more of you around.

jelcat

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Welcome! Yes, I like this site in that most here don't have an alterior (sp?) motive ie: bringing us to Jesus, etc.

Congrats on being true to yourself and getting out.

The Good Girl

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Welcome, yomomma.

Stick around for awhile, and you will find meny on this site can help you through this rough time in your life...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

welcome! I didn't have the family problem, just walked away and kept walking. My family eventually all got out in their own time. But I understand the weight of the burden, I felt sooooooo much better when I quit going to meetings.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Welcome Yomomma,

Exactly the opposite sound of your handle reminds me of the new Mexican restaurant in our small town

NachoMommas

On a more serious note you are in a position most of us have found ourselves in. Unlike me -- I left some 30 years ago -- nowadays you have the internet for support, this great group of folks is always here, plus access to most publicationsl the WT has ever printed. What they've printed over the years has proven to be one of their worst enemies.

You are still in a Catch-22 situation. DA yourself and you find yourself on the outside of those you love where it will be very difficult to influence them any more than you have till now. This is the route I selected because I thought it was the only one. For the sake of my two children, however, I may have chosen the next route if I had to do it over.

Remain and put on an act. This certainly has to be very tough on the actor who must think of himself as being an espionage agent during wartime. In this case, what must go is your complete honesty. We all learned (guess who taught us), however, that thocratic soldiers may bend the truth to support their cause. All this allows you to work from the inside in order to influence your loved ones.

The fade is a third option. However, many have learned that this is not much different than the DA route since shunning is frequented by those inside including their loved ones. It seems to depend a lot on the behavior of local congregations.

I wish you the very best.

Len Miller

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

Yomomma,

I am extremely happy that you are now on this site. As you can already see, people here care about and understand the feelings and emotions that right now are so new and raw. You will find much comfort and support here, as well as much insightful and helpful information.

Thank all of you so far who have welcomed my long time friend to this site. Her and her family are dear friends and I am overjoyed that I played a small part in helping them see the truth about the truth.

CCS

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Love the handle! Reminds me of yo mammas so...(fill in the blank) jokes! Welcome here and enjoy your stay and your freedom.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Yes, welcome!!! Rockhound and I have found this forum very therapudic, as I'm sure you will. If you go to the archives there is a world of imformation that will probably help answer many questions. Glad to have you with us. Wishing you and yours success with your family. It took nearly 4 years for our family to come out, although some havn't as yet, but the wait was well worth it. Good LUCK!

LBP

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Hello Yomomma,

I am so glad you came here. A very big welcome. Leaving is one of the hardest things to do, many here including myself have done this and many are fading.

Yes it will be hard and life will suck big time but only initially. When you leave you will go through many emotions. I know I did. At times I felt I was addicted to this site, not

posting much but reading - oh so much to read. Then I felt lonely, lost and quite depressed - then all of a sudden you appreciate that you are no longer serving the borg, feel great and

don't care about the elders etc. Always let people here know when you're having a terrible day - they will lift you back up again.

Yomomma, I hope you find peace within yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit