Myspace- newly dissacociated and need support! please read

by burningbridges 46 Replies latest jw friends

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Hey there guys! My name is Brooke, age 26. I am recently dissacociated. I have just set up a new myspace account and would like any who are on myspace to please put my on their friend list so we can encourage and support each other., i need it! I write blogs on my experiences and personally think their interesting. In addition to adding me as a freind, please feel free to subscribe to my blogs. I am currently writting a book and the more proof i have to show my editor that my written word is accepted by the public, the better odds I have to make it. You guys can help me in more ways than you know. Also, any of you who are still witnesses and want to talk to someone, feel free to chat with me on myspace. I will not try to make you make any decisons, i will only listen and share my own experiences, which are many!!! Have a great day guys!!!

http://www.myspace.com/brookiesugarcookiebaby

A little about me, I have been married for five years and my husband is still a witness and will NEVER leave. He has anxiety and depression and because he finds it hard to make new relationships, told me he would never leave becasue he can not start over like I can. He won't even listen to me. Recently, they announced from the stage top be wary of new apostates in our hall (me). But I personally do not view myself as that at all. I have a two year old daughter who is my world. I write, I dream, I laugh, I love, and yet lately I struggle due to the problems I am having adjusting to this new life with out the Watchtower. we will make it....

- Brooke

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hi Brooke,

Welcome! What prompted you, if I may ask, to disassociate? And where do you stand now, belief-wise?

Just curious.

Dave

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome to the board Brooke....

It will get easier for you to have your own life away from the org. I hope things will continue to be okay with you and your husband. Good luck with your book as well.

babygirl....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Welcome to the site... don't you know that MySpace is not appropriate for Jehover's Witnesses?

Maybe THAT is why you left! Corrupted by MySpace!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    What prompted you, if I may ask, to disassociate?

I should probably mention that I'm at work and can't get to mySpace. (Blocked by our firewall) You've probably already answered my questions there. RTFM, eh? I'd happily R if I could get to the M!

Dave

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, burningbridges/brooke. Aside from the whole Witness thing, your marriage must be under considerable strain. Do the two of you have any children together? Do you think that your marriage can survive your difference in opinion over the religion? How does the congregation treat your husband since you DA'd? Is he treated with sympathy, contempt, or perhaps ignored completely?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's one bridge that it is best to burn. I have heard never to burn your bridges, but in this case, all you have to gain by going back is the continual houndings to do more than you reasonably can or should. No entertainment, no relaxation, no fun. Just screeching between boasting sessions, a dreadful job, and field circus. There is no personal fulfillment in the Watchtower Society. Just empty promises.

I am sure that, as you read comments on this site, you will find more about what you are really missing out on. Major updates within the organization are posted, as are all the a$$embly synopses, if you really care that much to keep up. There are also other sites dedicated to exposing the Watchtower Society for what it really is. Finally, I encourage everyone that is in doubt to read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz for an inside view of the Watchtower Society. You will find out that, even though it is hard once you leave, it is even harder for those who stay in, and you are losing nothing but a scam.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Hi Brooke..(sent you a friend R)....welcome to JWD.

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

Welcome Brooke,

Thanks for sharing with us your lovely family. It's good for your daughter that you have a balanced view of the organization. Count her as one of the fortunate ones who will not have to go through so what so many have gone through. Sounds like she has a good mother on her side. Well, this is the place to be to learn, heal and help. It keeps me busy with keeping up with the new tactics they use to control their members so I can be beter equipped to plant seeds of truth in their minds. Sublety can go al ong way with some people. I hope your stay here will be a long one as we look forward to hearing more about you and you us.

..truth.ceeker..

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

welcome Brooke

i don't have a myspace account but look forward to your posts here.

ql

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit