What if God IS a farce?

by LouBelle 110 Replies latest jw friends

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Burn,

Why is it that you have attacked me personally with each of your posts? Is it that your existence is so sad and you are so desperate to have other people believe like you do that you have to attack aggressively anyone who disagrees with you?

I find that whenever you post you tend to make statements of ‘fact’ rather than opinion, where as I always try to state that what I am saying is opinion, I do not have the certainty that you seem to have.

But I understand your arrogance, I use to be religious once to.

There’s an old saying that I live my life by, respect anyone searching for the truth, but beware of anyone who claims to have it.

Absolutely not. The term Entropy, as used in thermodynamics , refers to the disorder in a system.

You are constructing an argument around a fictional premise (something you must be very accustom to). You seem think I have said that the second law leads to order and symmetry, I did not say this, you did.

Complexity and chaos are two sides of the same coin, as the universe grows larger it gets more chaotic. It can also be said as the universe gets larger it gets more complex. Can you provide me with an example where the word chaos could be used in a sentence where the word complex could not?

If it makes you happy reread my original post and substitute the word chaotic for complex.

BTW, many thermodynamics text books use complexity to describe entropy.

Personally I don’t believe in order, at least not in the standard sense of the word. If we see order when we look out into the universe it is only because that is what we wish to see. Order is like beauty, it only exists in the eye of the beholder.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater
    Can I ask an easy question? Not what is God, but WHERE is God? Might make more sense if I knew that.

That really depends on what definition of "God" is being spoken about. A Creator? A Teacher? Love? It's too small a word to have a nice, neat, complete definition without further explanation.

What does your own experience tell you of God, and where he might be?

Burn: I'm glad someone has responded to you in a way that has made an impact.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    even if i'd find anything about the bible in this text - you can't prove something by itself. that's like "what i say is true, because i say it".

Aw geez. This is in response to your question:

now where did you get that from? did god tell you?

I have answered it. I got it from there.

Burn

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

is there any reason why you'd take that verse literally? btw, no talk about the bible canon as we know it in that verse. it talks about all god inspired scripture - which is like.. the quran, mormon, watchtower... you name it.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why is it that you have attacked me personally with each of your posts? Is it that your existence is so sad and you are so desperate to have other people believe like you do that you have to attack aggressively anyone who disagrees with you?

Pot.

Meet.

Kettle.

Who wants to have other people believe like he does?

You are funny Sick.

As for the rest of your post. Just be a man and own up to the fact that your description of the 2nd Law and entropy is wrong. Hey, I've been wrong before too!

If you really are a mechanical engineer and you use the 2nd law daily I certainly hope you have not designed anything I own. I fear for my safety.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    is there any reason why you'd take that verse literally? btw, no talk about the bible canon as we know it in that verse. it talks about all god inspired scripture - which is like.. the quran, mormon, watchtower... you name it.

Thanks Superfine. I am going to ditch 2000 years of Scripture interpretation and just go with your masterful exegesis. Burn

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

in my eyes everything that needs exegesis is not written with the goal to be understood. and you act like "scripture interpretation" of the past 2000 years would have been something homogenous... awake!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    Just be a man and own up to the fact that your description of the 2nd Law and entropy is wrong. Hey, I've been wrong before too!

This coming from someone who never admits wrong and thinks he knows everything eh?

If you think my description is wrong than prove it, like I said I can site many text books that use the same wording I did. I will admit that the way you described what I said was wrong, does that count?

alt

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Burn,

You see the creation story as a metaphor.

The worldwide flood too (I think).

Yet you don't see the 'all scripture inspired' verse as metaphor.

How do you choose which is which?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If you think my description is wrong than prove it, like I said I can site many text books that use the same wording I did.

Please do.

I double-dare you with sugar on top.

Burn

PS EDIT

Oh, and that cutesy picture in your comment is certainly not a personal attack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit