COULD YOU HANDLE LIFE ALONE?

by Mary 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

(((((((((Grace))))))))

I get my groceries & see old couples holding hands.( in their 80's) I wish I still had my hubby...

He must have been a special man.

Ian

• maxwell
    maxwell

I was married for 7 years (separated the last 1/2 year), and that was enough for this lifetime. I can't imagine myself getting married again.

I like living alone. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't want friends or companions. I am fortunate to be in an urban area where there are many things to do and where it is easy to find people who share your interests. I do want some kind of non-platonic relationship. But I don't want to come home to the same person everyday. I don't want someone asking me how my day was every day. I love my freedom and space.

There's an episode of Seinfeld where Jerry and George decide to get serious about their relationships and think about marriage. Then Jerry has this exchange with Kramer about marriage. I found the quotes on from that episode on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Engagement_(Seinfeld_episode)

It's very hilarious, but I kind of agree with Kramer.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Snowbird and Aquagirl, thanks for the support! If it turns out cancerous at least it will have been caught very early, most of the time it's found way too late. I always try to stay positive.

• changeling
    changeling

((((((((((((((((((BrentR)))))))))))))))))))

changeling

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

Ten years of marriage to a fool-time pioneer left me deeply scared of remarriage. I don't want to stay alone, but I just can't develop a long-lasting relation since my divorce. I had seven girlfriends, and broke up each time as soon as there was talk of marriage. I'm just too scared.

I'm a rat, I know. I don't know what to do about it.

• zanex
    zanex

This ones hitting my life kind of hard at the present time...my mother being left alone after 33 years of marriage and easily almost 40 plus of being dedicated to him by a sudden accident has left her broken...and left me wondering how to deal with the new dynamic...everyday is a new up and then down....but then its still relatively fresh so maybe after a year or so things will get "better" lest one can hope anyhowz...

-Z-

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

no, not at all

• bebu
    bebu

((((((BrentR))))))

I'm thinking of you here, praying for good health and good docs for your wife. I hope that with her medical background, she was able to realize her symptoms needed checking at an earlier point. Please let us know...

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit