COULD YOU HANDLE LIFE ALONE?

by Mary 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

I'm always somewhat amazed when a widow says her husband died twenty or so years ago! Usually it's a widow in her dotage, but I feel saddened that their husband should have been dead for so long and they have reached old age without him.

Could I handle life alone? Well, in my present condition definitely not.

I've given this a lot of thought and I can't envisage life without my spouse. I guess it all depends on how happy one is in one's relationship. I wouldn't like to carry on without her.

Ian

• Maddie
    Maddie

I probably could handle life alone as I have had to in the past. I am married for the second time now and although its not been for very long I can't imagine ever finding anyone else that could replace him, so would stay single if anything parted us.

Maddie

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

personally.......... if my wife died........... and i survived that....... im sure i would get over the loss EVENTUALLY but as for remarrying.......... i think you never know untill you find someone special........ right now i would say HELL no. id have a friend who had their own place that i could go out and do things with....... no children to come....... ive got mine and she would have hers.......... that would probably be it.

when i was single i had my own place........ it was neat.... everything was where it was supposed to be...... now i struggle to keep this place clean and my wife NEVER puts anything back. i love her so i gotta put up with her s*** but id rather not have to do that again.

thing is i cant imagine being married to anyone else...... shakira aside............ but over time i might be able to get around that. of course my son comes first before anyone that i was in a relationship with........ no question.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Could I handle Life Alone, YES!!!! I am basically aloner at heart and haven't any problem being alone, If spouse passed away, that would be it, wouldn't get married again, would just do the things I have always wanted to but couldn't due to being married and then I would study, and read alot and probably go back to college to get another education in another field, the pursuit of knowledge would definitely be a large part of my life.

• Mary
    Mary
    OnTheWayOut said: I love my wife, I love being married. If she were to pass away, I would be cruising the JWD and Apostafests for a new mate. Mary, send me a photo if that happens. Well, just to save time- send it now.

Here you go sweetie!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow, mary! You're a real knockout.8)

S

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hate it

but i'm 'handling' it

if thats another word for not much in the way of options

• twistedsister
    twistedsister

I love living alone. I've been married twice and been in two long term common law relationships ( yeah yeah I know I'm only 42). My 23 year old daughter just moved out and lordy lordy I'm in my glory. I've been taking care of someone since I got married the first time at 17 (true blue JW back then).

I do not enjoy battling over money, sex, who I'm gonna hang out with, who's gonna pick up that plate or wash the dishes. Now, I know that if a plate is left on the counter - i did it.

Right now, the man I'm with, I lived with for 5 years, split up and got back together again, but we DO NOT live together and so far he seems ok with that - he wants to get married and I dread the day he pushes the issue, but for now he's good with the status quo. Like one of the other posters, he is an aquarius, I didnt know about the "dont crowd us" thing ofthe aquarius, so maybe thats why he's so cool about it!

So yes can and am handling it - and loving every minute of it.

L

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

A year and a half after my dad died my mom re-married, of course the JW's pressure her to get re-married to one of the single bro's in the hall. I didn't like it at first but thank god he is a nice man. Its hard to say what I would do if my wife died, probably be single for a long while and regroup myself before entering another relationship.

• freydi
    freydi

I don't exactly enjoy it, but the stock market is enough aggravation for anybody with more fun and less complications than sex when you hit on all cylinders. For entertainment there's always the grocery store.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit