COULD YOU HANDLE LIFE ALONE?

by Mary 47 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Hard to say. But I've been thinking about this, too...

My mom died almost 2 years back, and my dad was utterly devastated for over a year. But he is a very social guy! He enjoys being with people, and marriage is good for him. He loves dancing, music, traveling, dining out... Solitude makes him depressed.

He joined eHarmony back in September, and I just got an email that he believes he has found a really special lady who lives not too far from me. Really a gem, from what I've been learning. We (my siblings and I) think she's a perfect match for him, if all works out. A wife is just what he needs. And he's a great catch for her, too.

So, as for me... I guess a lot will depend upon how lonely or social I feel after I spend about 12 years mourning my husband (now been married 20 yrs.)

bebu

• BrentR
    BrentR

I will be finding out tomarrow or friday if my wife has ovarian cancer or not. So yes I have given alot of thought about not having a wife and my daughter not having a mom. It's very scary and sobering.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was married for 421/2 years .Frank died in 1985 ( I was kicked out of the WT in 1987) so I lost all my friends.And I loved him very much

It is a very lonely life on my own.When I ran the support group I had vistors everyday.(EXJW"S)
    But when I gave it up & moved ....I dont see folks... I did get a visit from 5 since I moved July 31/ 07
    I get my groceries & see old couples holding hands.( in their 80's) I wish I still had my hubby...
    I know our life could have been a lot happier now .Because I wouldnt be trying to convert him into the WT

That caused most of our troubles !!!!!!! I have had 3 proposals in 20 years two were drunks LOL the other was still with a WT mind. But a lovely fellow.

My 2 cents Sorry for the long post

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I will be finding out tomarrow or friday if my wife has ovarian cancer or not. So yes I have given alot of thought about not having a wife and my daughter not having a mom. It's very scary and sobering.

(((((((BrentR))))))). I will be thinking of you and yours.

Sylvia

• sspo
    sspo

After the divorce, being single is not bad at all, come and go as i please, no money problem or any other problem.

My sex life though was much better than it is now.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It would be difficult. It's hard to say what I would do.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Veddy interesting question!

My marriage has been part of me for over 33 years now. I suppose I take Wifey for granted at times, but can't imagine life without her in it.

I spend some time alone now - due to conflicting work schedules. And to be honest I like my 'self time', but always look forward to her showing up after work. I think I could 'handle' it - but don't think I would want to. I don't think I would marry again. My view of that slip of legal paper is changed now, but I would like to have social interaction or perhaps a little cuddling with the right person.

Jeff

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

What???Ya'll are happy? Wildly in love? How can this be???? I was told that "worldly marriages' dont last,and that worldly folks are always looking to cheat!!!!! Could it be that jw's dont always know or speak the truth?.Its so cool to see the declarations of love for ones spouse here..All is well...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

BrentR...Ill burn a candle for you...good luck...

• Warlock
    Warlock
    OnTheWayOut said: I love my wife, I love being married. If she were to pass away, I would be cruising the JWD and Apostafests for a new mate. Mary, send me a photo if that happens. Well, just to save time- send it now.

Here you go sweetie!

MARY, YOU ARE BUSTING MY SIDES!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit