by flipper 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mouthy
    mouthy

Maybe it's the wind chimes in front.

WIND CHIMES!!!! I would have said "Look they even have the devils bells"

• shell69
    shell69

Peace out to YOU mr flipper!

Well said. I really hope they have a good think about what you said.

Shell69

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Good job! I keep waiting for my chance Flipper but I am in Witness no man's territory I guess. For being in the middle of a huge city in NC I never see any dubs!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

They'll never forget that conversation.

• flipper
    flipper

JUNI- Yeah, when the hippie brother would change the subject , I would go right back to the child abuse subject to grab their attention again.

BRONZEFIST- I don't know if they'll call back again , but since being here a year and a half, this is the 2nd time in the last 5 months they have been here. That's fine with me, I'll just bring up the child abuse thing every time !

HIGHLANDER- You make a good point. I told them that if the elders have a good reason and explanation for you as to why the rank and file members were not informed then fine. But if they deny it or tell you not to worry about it or not to talk about it with others , I told them, " you are being duped ".

WORLD TRAVELLER- Yes. I agree that hopefully some seeds of doubt have been planted . The witnesses won't come to your door ? Go hunt them down while they are doing street witnessing and talk with them ! I'm sure you will get a hearing ear.

SIR NOSE 586- I hope their light bulbs go off man, I really do.

MOUTHY- Yes. It must have been World Travellers wind chimes ! So funny how witnesses are so scared and paranoid of wind chimes !It's almost like you could just whisper, " Boo! " to them and they'd go running in the other direction ! Hilarious !

SHELL 69- I hope they really ponder it !

BURGER TIME- Maybe you need to hunt the street witnesses down in your area ! I told World Traveller to do that too, because they haven't called on him in 15 years . Maybe you will get a hearing ear ! Anti-witnessing, cool !

NVR- Hey dude, how ya doin"? Man, it sure is the truth they will remember it ! But I hope it truly accomplishes something inside them, a change for the better . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is the thing about the witlesses. They are great at coming up with a stock answer for everything. The line about its being a local incident and that the problem has been rectified is the stock answer for anyone that questions the pedophile issue. However, I don't think the Evening News would be discussing a local, isolated incident where the matter was taken care of. Maybe the local news, if it was a small town. But not the NBC Evening News, which is more national/international. With the terror reports, war in Iran looming and troops in Iraq, the credit crunch, North Korea, snowstorms and droughts, and the looming energy problems, I don't think they have the time to waste on a local problem where the issue has already been settled.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Flipper

Nice way you handled the situation. Just enough information to make them think and wonder. You may have caused a little crack in their thinking. A crack we hope which will widen and grow.

The trouble is that many JW's like those two are so in the dark about what goes on within the WT. That when someone brings something like the pedophile issue up they immediately go on the defensive. Using all the JW stock answers, "thats not true" "its media lies" "it was a one off case" and of course "its apostate lies"

Many years ago, in the 1980's, there was an article on child abuse in an Awake magazine. I was with a group of JW's getting ready to go on field service. A sister remarked it wasn't nice that the WT print and article on such a subject. The Elder taking the meeting said the article was for people in the "world" where such things happen. "Nothing like that ever happens in Jehovahs organisation."

For some reason that occasion has always stayed in my mind.

• flipper
    flipper

WT WIZARD- Yes, I agree with you. The NBC evening news would not have put the story on if it had been just a " local" problem.

GORDY- Amazing. That is so weird what that elder said about child abuse information being for people in the " world ". That " nothing like that ever happens in Jehovah's organization. " Boy, was he gullible , or duped. I do hope it opens the eyes of thes 2 witnesses though. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I have to agree with everyone else in thta you did a great job.

They will not forget this encounter.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

That was awesome! Way to go flipper! It may just be a brick out of the wall, but it matters if you help someone out of that hell.

Keep chopping away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit