Just talked to Witnesses at my door for Hour about Watchtower Child Abuse

by flipper 59 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for the bump, it was a good outcome. Kate xx

• flipper
    flipper

KATEWILD- Well I hope it was a good outcome. We may never know . After talking to these JW's at the door their elders may have tried to calm them down with " brother & sister you met one of Satan's lying agents in field service and we ALWAYS hate and loathe child abuse ! We DF molesters ! " Damage control- you know

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Way to go Flipper.

I guess it might be fun to fill in those "I want a Bible Study" forms on JW.org....and see who shows up. You could use a phoney name...........

• flipper
    flipper

Saw this thread had been responded to and I hadn't answered.

BALAAMSASS- Exactly. It's really interesting to see the blank, shocked looks on JW faces when you present them with the WT child abuse information. It's SO beyond their grasp to think about - that they try grappling for words to explain it. I think it's a good thing when we can keep this in the foreground for them to think about 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I'm surprised they lasted there for an hour and actually listened to you. Good for you, you were well prepared.
  • flipper
    flipper
    VILLAGE IDIOT- Well, I think it helps when we keep news release printouts about WT child abuse near the front door so they are handy to give to JW's when they call on our house. Hey the way I look at it- if they are going to try to place something with me they consider of value- I'm gonna do the same to them- place something of value that I feel they need ! LOL.   Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • 4rationality
    4rationality

Divining Liability

Jehovah’s Witnesses sued over sex abuse claims

Kimberlee Norris began evaluating these cases in July 2002. With some 2000 cases to choose from, Norris and partner Gregory Love came up with a rigid profile of what kind of case and where. Love and Norris decided only to take cases where they could prove the church knew its member was a perpetrator and placed him in a position of authority anyway. Norris said, ”We only take extreme cases where molestation has been reported to the congregation and the organization gives him its blessing by giving him authority.”

As of May 2004, the firm had filed 57 suits across the country.

Best plaintiff’s outcome, it appears-- 9 cases in California, Texas, Oregon, settled/dismissed with prejudice, 2007.

The ‘Firm Overview’ at Love & Norris indicates a different kind of practice, a more profitable direction.

• flipper
    flipper
    4RATIONALITY- Thanks for the information concerning attorneys Love & Norris's success rate and how many cases they had filed as of May 2004. I didn't know those figures. Wow, lots of cases even back in 2004 , 57 suits going on then . And if you add the amount of cases the Zalkin law firm is pursuing against the WT Society right now which I think are about 25 to 30- the WT Society has it's hands full with a huge accountability and huge liability to child abuse victims within the JW organization. Can you imagine if each of these suits won 5 million to 15 million $$$ for the victims how this will financially implode the WT Society ? I hope the mainstream media catches wind of all this activity and starts amping up the reporting of WT child abuse even more so
  • cliff
    cliff

The GB are nothing if not cautious businessmen - or with cautious attorneys behind them.

" ... financially implode ... " is most unlikely: With all the cash generation over the last decade I would expect them to have already provisioned a billion or two cash contingency to pay for this. Already written off in normal balance sheet terms.

Since their accounts are buried in secrecy this can only be speculation, but it is just wishful thinking to expect this to be a surprise to them or to break the bank!

Cliff

• flipper
    flipper
    CLIFF- Yeah, I know you're right. I realize the WT Society has a lot of $$$$$ . I am into wishful thinking. But I'd like to see a lot of these child abuse lawsuits at least do damage to the WT Society's PUBLIC image if it doesn't break their bank accounts. That's why reports of these child abuse cases need to get into the mainstream media

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit