Do People Truly "Love" Each Other On This Forum?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Well, CoCo, that's settled!

Keep the fine work and while you're at it, why not ressurect my old thread that you made 100s of pages? That was always a good contribution.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hitting With Bat 2Hitting With Bat 2DeathDeath..3days of War!!..Machine Gun 2......................And Now..It`s all..Kiss 5Kiss 8............Love Eyed 3Love Eyed 3........I Love You TooI Love You Too..Smootchy!!................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I wonder if minimus didn't really mean to ask...

Do People Truly "Love" Minimus On This Forum?

• minimus
    minimus

NVR, that's already been addressed before. You know I think I can feel the love from......Simon and Oz.

• zanex
    zanex

I think that the word "love" has been blasted down our throats for so long in a context to "love only jehovah or those serving him" that it makes it hard to "love" something that stems directly from our history with them.

I can remember being told CONSTANTLY that "god is love" and that since JW's are the only ones that REALLY love him then the definition of love stems directly to him.(having a hard time controlling my gag reflex already) so now, 10 plus years after my crazed departure, being asked if there is LOVE amongst this jw, xjw forum it just reflexivly makes me cringe. I enjoy this forum...I respect many of those here..I have even met some awesome people who have my admiration, but my definition of "love" is so skewed when it comes to anything jw or xjdub that it makes it difficult....for me at least...

Hmmmm not sure if any of this makes sense....

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Some writing styles are very appealing to the mind of another. It's possible to find a person who almost thinks along your lines on most things and feel as though you've never met someone like this in real life. You may feel an overpowering intellectual attraction. Truly though, most humans unconsciously mutate for their audience! For example most of you would behave differently ordering a beer in a bar than if you were shaking hands with the president. In fact they're just two humans who deserve equal treatment. Why would you want to differentiate based purely on status and preconceived ideology? But oddly most people do without even thinking! Same on here - most people are who they are without thinking and would be different in some way or another in real one on one communication. Psychoanalysts can either be interesting honest people to talk with or themselves deluded - no matter how qualified. Like talking with a panel of experts, each a believer in their chosen theology. You will undoubtedly feel one to be far more observational and true to reality than certain others though each will have a large band of followers amongst us humans. The insidious thing about psychologists is they all appear to bat for the same side - like in the WTBTS!

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, about you and me having sex, why did you have to tell everyone here?? At the moment (actually hours), it was LOVE! Everything I said to you was absolutely true. I swear! Or may Jah strike me dead!

Prepare to meet thy Maker!!!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have been very pleasantly surprised by things that JWD members have sent me during this past year or so, that have touched my heart. (The most recent was today: some darling dolls from an Indian village in Guatamala---legend says they are supposed to take your worries away when placed under your pillow) It took love for this thoughtful lady to send them.....and it made me feel love when I saw them!

As I said....I have been sent other gifts of all sorts from the sweet and caring people on this forum, ONE was a whole carton of books like C of C and beautiful bibles, etc.....right down gifts I have received that are tiny enough to be tucked into an envelope!

My point is that LOVE motivated the senders of these, and LOVE is what I felt when I opened each one.....and who doesn't agree that we NEED more love in this world....ESPECIALLY the kind that is unexpected!

love and hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit