Do People Truly "Love" Each Other On This Forum?

by minimus 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I love my hair.

Oh that wasn't the question was it ... well yes, I suppose you can love online. Usually cuz you meet online, chat on the phone and meet in real life drinking margharita's together. Oh, and send Christmas cards

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Blue Viceroy, and most everyone else- I would come to your barbecue if I could.

• Xena
    Xena
    My take: You can't love someone you don't really know.

Do you ever really know anyone? Heck some of us don't even know ourselves that well. Though I have to say I tend to get a bit creeped out when someone who barely knows me professes love but as long as they keep their distance it's all good.

• minimus
    minimus

Xena, we all LOVE U.

• Xena
    Xena

Yay (checks outside window for stalker)

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'd be stoopid if I ever loved that person

That's an interesting take on things that I hadn't considered. In that context it seems that "loving" someone must lead to certain commitments and entitlements? It's a kind of love I'm not very familier with, perhaps.

I've loved smart people and stupid people, for good reasons and bad reasons. But I've always thought of this love as an expression of myself, a reflection of what I see, and not a demand for something more to happen. If someone disappoints me, I wouldn't off-hand think that it was wrong to love them.

Love for me has been more of a gift rather than a sacrifice of some sort.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I love you too PEC

My daughter met someone on the inter net and they got married.

• compound complex
  • flipper
    flipper

I met my wife online ( eharmony.com) and wrote each other for awhile before meeting . I think not only romantic love can be attained on-line, but with friends we have made here who have shared common experiences that we have in the past. As some said, it is a love of humanity we show towards our fellow posters , respecting their dignity, and it may turn into a closer type of " love " as a dear friend if we jive with personalities. Lots of different types of love.

Personally, I have the same personality I display on the board as I do in Mrs. Flipper and my home. I'm big on being who and what I am everywhere , not one person one place, and putting on a different face somewhere else. Not my style. I have grown close to lots of people on the board from pm's and talking on the phone. It would be fair to say I have a certain love for them, yes

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

i love monica belucci, never met her though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit